Spicy Plum Smoothie with hidden greens
I was going to wait until winter to share this warming spicy plum smoothie but I’ve had so many requests for it so how could I not let you in on this gorgeous treat. Sometimes when you are detoxing or eating a very clean diet with a lot of raw food, your body temperature actually drops so you can feel the cold a lot more. So during my 7 day Green Thickie Challengelast week it was great to have something to warm myself up as it’s been pretty cold here.
Spicy plum smoothie
Plums are in season here at the moment and we’re all absolutely loving them. I especially love the ones that are bright red in the middle, so vibrant! My husband thinks the way I say ‘plum’ is really funny and he gets me to repeat it over and over. Who knows why! This plum smoothie has a bit of warming ginger and cayenne pepper which gives it a real kick. However if you don’t like spicy food, just leave out the cayenne pepper or adjust it to your own needs. This plum smoothie is also another great smoothie for people that aren’t keen on the look of a green smoothie as it will go pink if you use plums that are bright red inside.
Benefits of plums
Plums that have a rich colour and have white marks on them indicate that the fruit hasn’t been over handled so that’s a good sign. Plums may need to ripen at home and you can tell that they are ripe when they are soft and yield to gentle pressure. They will also have a fruity fragrance. Leave them out of the fridge to ripen and once they are ripe you can store them in the fridge to help them last longer. What’s your favourite way to eat plums? Comments always put a smile on my face, so please take a minute to say hello below. Many thanks.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
[tweetherder]This sweet and spicy plum green smoothie has a great kick to it.[/tweetherder]
Spicy Plum Smoothie (Green Smoothie/Green Thickie)
- 2 Cups Non Dairy Milk oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk
- 8 Plums I used very small plums with bright red flesh
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup Spinach tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed. (Or any other mild greens)
- ½ Cup Dates or any other dried fruit which can also be pre-soaked for a smoother blend
- 1 Cup link Oats Or one cup of Quinoa
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Ginger fresh or ground
- ¼ teaspoon of Cayenne pepper to taste or omit completely
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed. Add more water if required to thin it out. Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have. If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge.
- NOTE: The calories shown are for half of the ingredients listed as this smoothie serves 2. If you want less calories add less oats.
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut free*
* If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
NEWS: Don’t forget that next week I’m going to invite you to participate in your own Green Thickie Challenge which will involve replacing at least one of your meals with a green thickie. Thank you so much to those of you who have already started. You are a massive inspiration! It’s all so very exciting.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020