This Strawberry Balsamic Salad Smoothie can also be easily turned into a protein shake by including the optional natural plant based protein such as nuts or seeds. You can turn this recipe into a green smoothie by including the optional leafy greens in this recipe.
After the great feedback on my last series of recipes, the dessert thickie smoothies, (which I am still continuing for a few more weeks) I am starting a new green thickie series called Green Smoothie of the week. I will be scouring the web for green smoothie recipes that catch my eye, try them out, turn them into a green thickie (add oats and nuts/seeds) to make them into a complete meal and make any other tweaks I fancy, then present them to you to give you a bigger range of unique green thickie recipes to try.
This smoothie caught my eye immediately. There is something about the taste of strawberries with balsamic vinegar that really works. I was intrigued as to how this would work in a smoothie. I’m always up for trying out weird and wonderful combinations of ingredients and this one definitely fits the bill. It’s strangely addictive. I thought it might be a bit too strange for my husband but surprisingly he really loved it too.
This Strawberry Balsamic Salad Smoothie recipe was inspired by Floptimism. At first I was wondering if the addition of basil and balsamic vinegar might be a bit too much, but once I started adding the basil, I just couldn’t stop. It just tasted fresher and fresher with each basil leaf I added, so I included loads more basil than in the original recipe. When I had counted 48 basil leaves, I decided just to call it one cup of tightly packed basil leaves. Feel free to add less basil, but this is a green thickie after all, so we’ve got to get our greens somewhere, and it might as well be with the basil.Print
Strawberry Balsamic Salad Smoothie: Delicious Green Smoothie of the Week (Green Thickie)
There is something about the taste of strawberries with balsamic vinegar that really works.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 Cups Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 1 Cup Basil, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed.
- 2 Cups strawberries
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Cup Oats (use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet or oatmeal if you don’t have a powerful blender)
- 2 Tablespoons Linseeds (or ground flaxseeds if you don’t have a powerful blender.
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes or frozen fruit to it (You may need to add more water as this will thicken it further).
- The quantity produced varies slightly from recipe to recipe depending on the consistency of the ingredients used and may be a different colour to the photo.
- Half of this recipe should serve one person for breakfast and keep you going until lunch (or any other meal) You can always save the other smoothie for your next meal or the next day, or share it and give someone else an energy boost.
- If you want to ensure this recipe is gluten free or wheat free, either use gluten free oats or substitute the oats for another healthy gluten free grain such as brown rice or quinoa.
- If you want to ensure this recipe is raw, ensure all your ingredients are raw. Include raw oat groats or raw buckwheat. Include raw nut or seed milk or water instead of the oat milk.
- All the Green Thickie recipes on this website are suitable for vegetarians and vegans and are dairy free.
- They do not include any animal products at all.
- If you are avoiding soya, use a soya free milk.
- Feel free to add a healthy sweetener that fits in with your diet or avoid extra sweeteners altogether. Feel free to substitute sweeteners with whole fruits such as date to increase the sweetness.
- All the recipes are sugar free.
- No green thickie recipes contain salt.
- All recipes are suitable for babies as they contain no salt or sugar.
- Substitute seeds for nuts to make these recipes nut free if you are avoiding potential allergens.
- If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet, please read this first.
See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Serving Size: 500 ml/16 oz/ 1 pint
- Calories: 360
- Sugar: 23
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 64
- Fiber: 12
- Protein: 10
Please rate this recipe and leave a comment. Help to spread the word about Green Thickies and share this recipe. Many thanks and blessings to you.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
This recipe is a blended complete meal containing natural protein sources and leafy greens. If you’d like any more information about these topics, check out my complete guides below:
- The Ultimate Smoothie Blender Guide
- The Only Guide To Protein Shakes You’ll Ever Need
- Over 50 Spinach Recipes: The Complete Collection
- The Complete Guide To Green Smoothies
- The Essential Guide To Meal Replacement Shakes
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020