Spinach Ice Cream (Banana and Mango)
If you’ve never tried fruit ice cream you’ve been missing out. Here I take it to another level with this simple spinach ice cream that you can make in a regular smoothie blender. It’s sweet, gorgeous and very healthy.
Spinach Ice Cream
[pinit] Green Thickies is branching out into other types of green goo. In the future I want to share a variety of different recipes with you including anything healthy, green and blended or thick, blended and filling containing oats such as my Thickies (fruit smoothies with oats).
I’ll still be sharing at least one green thickie recipe with you per week, hopefully more if I get round to it.
Have you ever tried spinach in your ice cream? Before you all run for the hills, can I start by saying if you’ve ever tried a green smoothie or a green thickie, you’re brave enough to try a green ice cream too. It’s worth stepping out of your comfort zone as it’s absolutely gorgeous!
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
[tweetherder]The next step up from a green smoothie is a green ice cream[/tweetherder]
If you’ve ever tried an ice cream made only from frozen bananas you’ll know how amazing they taste. Something happens to a banana once it’s frozen. It’s flavour completely changes and it becomes light,fluffy , sweet and just completely different. You have to try it to believe me.
Anyway, this spinach ice cream takes it to another level of healthiness and adds in some spinach too. Trust me you can’t taste it at all.
If your kids are still not into their leafy greens, here is another way to get the greens into them. My baby won’t touch a salad with a barge pole, but she couldn’t get enough of this spinach ice cream. She knew she was going to like it even before she tried it. I felt a bit cruel taking photos of her reaching out to the ice cream as she was literally drooling, so we sat down and had some with our lunch after that.
Eat your ice cream guilt free and never look back with this amazing spinach ice cream.
Have you ever tried a fruit ice cream or thought about adding greens to your ice cream?
Sweet Mango and Banana Spinach Ice Cream
- 1/4 Cup Non Dairy Milk oat, rice, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk
- 1 Cup frozen bananas
- 1/2 Cup frozen mango
- 1/2 Cup Spinach
- Chop your banana and mango and freeze them the day before.
- You might need to leave your frozen fruit out for 5 minutes to defrost slightly so they are easier to blend.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a high speed blender. If you have a vitamix you can use the tamper to assist with blending.
- If you don’t have a high speed blender, you could use a food processor. You may have to keep stopping and scraping down the sides. It also might be easier if you double the quantity as the weight will push the ingredients down.
- Feel free to add more milk a little bit at a time if you need to, but don’t add too much or you’ll just end up with a green smoothie.
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut free*
* If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
Please like this on G+ by clicking the + in the box:
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020