Why buy a processed syrup laden energy drink when you can make the world’s healthiest energy drink in just a couple of minutes?
All you really need to include in an energy drink is something sweet and something salty to replace missing electrolytes. If you are feeling out of balance after a tough workout this is a good drink to replace those electrolytes. We are talking healthy on this blog so of course we’re going to use unprocessed healthy ingredients and give this energy drink a natural kick to really boost your energy today.
Today, I have a cold so I whipped up this drink really quickly and it gave me the energy ready to get my kids fed and dressed before I had chance to get my own breakfast. Now a couple of hours later I actually feel like my cold has lifted quite a lot.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
What are the ingredients in the World’s Healthiest Energy Drink?
- This drink contains filtered water, and for an added boost you could replace the water with green tea. For more health benefits and electrolytes, use coconut water instead of filtered water.
- For natural sugar and to make this energy drink taste amazing, I have included the juice from an orange, lemon and a lime.
- The honey/ maple syrup provides the sweetness, the sea salt provides the salt.
All other ingredients are optional but highly recommended. They include:
- There is a bit of coconut oil to balance your blood sugar levels.
- Vanilla and nutmeg for amazing taste
- Raw Apple Cider vinegar for raw enzymes and gut-friendly bacteria that promote healing
- Essential Oils: Yes for an added boost, I included Orange, Lemon, Lime and Mint Essential Oils from Young Living. These help to detox you, energise you and lift your spirits. I only recommend Young Living essential oils as I know they are pure and food grade. Please don’t use any other brand as they may not be pure and may cause you harm. Read more about ingesting oils here. Find out how you can buy therapeutic grade oils at wholesale prices here.
The World’s Healthiest Energy Drink Recipe
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- 1 Cup of Water (or green tea/ coconut water)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey (or maple syrup/ coconut nectar) Get your raw honey here
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt – I recommend this brand of sea salt
Optional ingredients (but highly recommended for additional health benefits):
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil – Get your coconut oil here
- 1/2 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar – Get your raw apple cider vinegar here
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 drops of lemon essential oil (Get your food grade oils at wholesale prices here)
- 2 drops of lime essential oil
- 2 drops of orange essential oil
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil (makes it taste minty but very refreshing and energising)
- Blend until smooth! You can use any blender, but this is the blender I use.
What do you do to regain your energy when you’re feeling run down? Please comment below.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020