Almond Milk Smoothie
Green Smoothie/ Green Thickie
I just love the way almonds make smoothies taste like marzipan. It reminds me of my childhood, of birthday cakes and all those sweet treats. It’s a taste you just can’t beat. Now you can have the taste without any of the guilt as this almond milk smoothie is amazingly good for your health.
This smoothie includes Kale which can taste a bit stronger than spinach but if you only add one tightly packed cup you shouldn’t really be able to taste it. If you are used to drinking green smoothies and feeling braver feel free to add more greens. The more the better, but it’s still nice to enjoy the taste of our food. Dried apricots can really thicken this thickie even further so feel free to add more water if you need to.
This is a very filling thickie so you may want to divide the servings into 4 instead of 2 if you are trying to lose weight.
Benefits of Almonds
There are so many benefits of almonds, it’s hard to know where to start. Almonds are great for your:
- Brain: Many parents give almonds to their children as they are known to increase your level of intellect.
- Cholestrol levels (especially if you eat a plant based diet)
- Heart: Potatssium, protein and healthy fats are good for you heart. Antioxidants reduce the risk of heart disease and magnesium helps to avoid heart attacks.
- Pregnancy: As they are a great source of folic acid
- Blood Pressure: They help to regulate it.
- Skin: The vitamin E is very beneficial for skin especially for newborn babies.
- Prevention of colon cancer
- Weight Loss: As they fill you up and stop you overeating.
- Constipation: As they are very rich in fibre.
- Energy Levels: Almonds will increase your energy.
Please share this by clicking the + at the bottom:
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off? Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems? My new 7 Day Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Improved Health will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself. You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more.