Almond Milk Smoothie
Green Smoothie/ Green Thickie
I just love the way almonds make smoothies taste like marzipan. It reminds me of my childhood, of birthday cakes and all those sweet treats. It’s a taste you just can’t beat. Now you can have the taste without any of the guilt as this almond milk smoothie is amazingly good for your health.
This smoothie includes Kale which can taste a bit stronger than spinach but if you only add one tightly packed cup you shouldn’t really be able to taste it. If you are used to drinking green smoothies and feeling braver feel free to add more greens. The more the better, but it’s still nice to enjoy the taste of our food. Dried apricots can really thicken this thickie even further so feel free to add more water if you need to.
This is a very filling thickie so you may want to divide the servings into 4 instead of 2 if you are trying to lose weight.
Benefits of Almonds
There are so many benefits of almonds, it’s hard to know where to start. Almonds are great for your:
- Brain: Many parents give almonds to their children as they are known to increase your level of intellect.
- Cholestrol levels (especially if you eat a plant based diet)
- Heart: Potatssium, protein and healthy fats are good for you heart. Antioxidants reduce the risk of heart disease and magnesium helps to avoid heart attacks.
- Pregnancy: As they are a great source of folic acid
- Blood Pressure: They help to regulate it.
- Skin: The vitamin E is very beneficial for skin especially for newborn babies.
- Prevention of colon cancer
- Weight Loss: As they fill you up and stop you overeating.
- Constipation: As they are very rich in fibre.
- Energy Levels: Almonds will increase your energy.
Please share this by clicking the + at the bottom:
Did you enjoy this post? Like my Facebook Page for fun, freebies and interesting facts, and subscribe to my FREE 12 week e-course to get started with Green Smoothies, lose weight and transform your health.
Due to the popularity of essential oils with my readers, I now have an essential oils Facebook Group. If you want to know more about essential oils, please join us by clicking here
Do you have weight to lose? Are you struggling with your health? My new 7 Day Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Improved Health will give you the boost you are looking for. Click here to read more
Latest posts by Katherine Natalia @ Green Thickies (see all)
- Who wants to try Young Living essential oils – free! - March 20, 2015
- 5 Ways to Lose Weight Now With Natural Juices - March 13, 2015
- Join me for a weight loss tea challenge - December 23, 2014