Almond Milk Smoothie
Green Smoothie/ Green Thickie
I just love the way almonds make smoothies taste like marzipan. It reminds me of my childhood, of birthday cakes and all those sweet treats. It’s a taste you just can’t beat. Now you can have the taste without any of the guilt as this almond milk smoothie is amazingly good for your health.
This smoothie includes Kale which can taste a bit stronger than spinach but if you only add one tightly packed cup you shouldn’t really be able to taste it. If you are used to drinking green smoothies and feeling braver feel free to add more greens. The more the better, but it’s still nice to enjoy the taste of our food. Dried apricots can really thicken this thickie even further so feel free to add more water if you need to.
This is a very filling thickie so you may want to divide the servings into 4 instead of 2 if you are trying to lose weight.
Benefits of Almonds
There are so many benefits of almonds, it’s hard to know where to start. Almonds are great for your:
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Brain: Many parents give almonds to their children as they are known to increase your level of intellect.
- Cholestrol levels (especially if you eat a plant based diet)
- Heart: Potatssium, protein and healthy fats are good for you heart. Antioxidants reduce the risk of heart disease and magnesium helps to avoid heart attacks.
- Pregnancy: As they are a great source of folic acid
- Blood Pressure: They help to regulate it.
- Skin: The vitamin E is very beneficial for skin especially for newborn babies.
- Prevention of colon cancer
- Weight Loss: As they fill you up and stop you overeating.
- Constipation: As they are very rich in fibre.
- Energy Levels: Almonds will increase your energy.
Almond Milk Smoothie: For Skin That’s Softer Than A Baby’s!
Almonds make smoothies taste like marzipan on birthday cakes. Now you can have the taste without the guilt as this almond milk smoothie is so good for you.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie Ingredients
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (Like this)
- 1 Cup tightly packed Kale
- 1 Cup Peaches
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup Oats (Like this) or 1 Filler (Like this)
- ¼ Cup Unsulphered Apricots (or any other dried fruit) (Like this)
- ¼ Cup Almonds (Use ground almonds if you don’t have a high speed blender) (Like this)
Blend the ingredients in the following order:
- Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
- Blend the greens next for a short time (if using)
- Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a Green Thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
- Blending this way allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice.
- Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
How much should I drink to replace a meal?
- Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
- This Green Thickie serves 2 so you should DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
Suitable for Special Diets:
- Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa)
- Raw (Use raw oats/quinoa)
- Vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk or tofu),
- Salt free (don’t add salt)
- Nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
More information about making the perfect Green Thickie:
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
Please share this by clicking the + at the bottom:
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020