Over the counter pain medication can have serious side effects. The Dr. prescribed medication can be even worse.
If you are tired of compromising your health just to ease your pain then this list is for you.
- Turmeric- A highly anti-inflammatory spice that contains curcumin has been used in India and China for thousands of years and has shown to block The cox 2 gene. Blocking the action of the COX-2 gene decreases inflammation and therefore reduces pain. It’s also one of the components that gives Turmeric its anti-cancer properties.
- Ginger- Is similar to turmeric as a cox 2 inhibitor but ginger has been shown to reduce other aspects of the inflammation cycle. Studies show that ginger is as effective as NSAIDS and common arthritis medications in reducing pain.
- Essential oils-These gifts from nature are the very essence of the plant. Because they are so concentrated they are very powerful. You don’t have to use very much to see a benefit. There are many essential oils that can help to reduce pain, Copaiba from the copal tree is highly anti-inflammatory. Ginger essential oil is a great way to incorporate ginger into your diet. Wintergreen oil is one of the best pain remedies for muscles because it contains the same compound found in aspirin. Learn all about essential oils and how to order them wholesale.
- Meditation- This Study shows how meditation can be a great pain reliever. Often when you focus on the pain and accept the pain as a form of communication from your body the pain actually decreases.
- Breathing exercises- Breathing into your pain can decrease the amount of pain you are feeling. This can be done in conjunction with meditation and can have a profound affect on your pain. Check out these helpful breathing exercises.
- Anti-inflammatory diet- Eating foods that are anti-inflammatory is one of the best ways to control pain. Especially chronic pain. Fruits and veggies are the best anti-inflammatory foods. Avoiding very acidic foods such as conventionally raised meat and dairy is a good idea and also limiting grains. Grass fed, pastured meat and raw dairy are less acidic and contain omega 3 fatty acids which reduce inflammation.
- Arnica-This herb is wonderful for reducing muscle pain and pain from small abrasions. It should never be taken internally except in a homeopathic formula. You can find salves and creams containing arnica at your local health food store.
- Bromelain- Is found in the pineapple plant and is a protein-digesting enzyme. Bromelain demonstrates powerful effects in alleviating pain, swelling, and inflammation. Taken between meals in supplement form it has been shown to benefit joint pain and also helps with digestion when taken with food.
- Holy Basil- This herb is grown in many households in India and is highly anti-inflammatory. It contains many of the same compounds as medical cannabis. It’s also an adaptogen and helps your body to modulate stress. Stress can be a big factor in pain.
- Homeopathy- was a popular form of medicine before allopathy in the U.S and Europe and is still popular in natural medicine. Many naturopaths practice homeopathy as well as some chiropractors. The idea behind homeopathy is “like cures like” when given in very minute amounts. Homeopathy is very effective for pain and you can find some remedies at your local health food store. For chronic pain it’s best to see a qualified homeopathic Dr.
- CBD oil- Cannabidiol is found in hemp and medical marijuana. The oil is very beneficial in reducing inflammation and pain as well as nausea, stress and seizures among other symptoms and conditions. CBD oil can be purchased legally as it contains no THC, the compound that produces a high in regular marijuana.
Pin this by clicking here
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020