My girls love smoothies. But with a Paleo mama and a dairy-allergic kid, we have to be a little picky about our ingredients these days. When the kids were babies, we loved blueberry yogurt smoothies. Now, we almost exclusively use coconut milk as our smoothie base. I hope you love these kid-friendly Paleo smoothies as much as our family does.
- Banana Almond Butter Coconut: These our my kids’ personal favorite smoothies. Banana, almond butter, coconut milk and vanilla (sometimes we add a bit of honey, depending on our bananas’ sweetness) all mix up to make a fantastic dairy-free treat. Or, if you want a little chocolate in your life, you can make a Monkey Smoothie instead!
- Blueberry Pie: A heavenly combination of blueberries, banana, pecans and goji berries, this blueberry pie smoothie recipe is sure to be a hit.
- Frosties: It’s like a Frosty, but you know, not filled with ick. This version is based with unsweetened almond milk and flavored with banana and cocoa.
- Banana Berry: Bananas plus strawberries with your choice of almond or coconut milk. Can’t get simpler than that.
- Chocolate Avocado: My girls love avocado, but if your aren’t fans, never fear. The primary taste in this treat is of bananas and chocolate.
- Hydrating Mango: My kids aren’t fans of coconut water. But they LOVE mango. So when I need them to get their electrolytes in check, I use this recipe for a hydrating blend they’ll gulp down.
- Shamrock: Oh yeah, you don’t need to hit up that fast food chain for a delicious green shake. Try this healthy version made with avocado and coconut milk.
Bonus Recipe: Key Lime: My all-time favorite pie made into a smoothie? What could be more delicious?
And, if you’re looking to boost the protein in your kids’ shakes, be sure to check out this post on how to make a protein shake WITHOUT protein powder.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Kristi Arnold is a former newspaper reporter and editor who is now a gluten-free vegetarian mom married to Mr. Meaty, a “normal” omnivore. The culinary odd couple is parenting two kids, a pescatarian with a hot dog exception and a lactose-intolerant nightshade-sensitive meat-lover. Kristi loves writing and cooking recipes for easy, family-friendly organic meals, learning about nutrition and living the simple, green life.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020