This Speedy Blender Juice is perfect for people who are sick as it’s quick and easy to make and only has 2 ingredients. Adding this blender juice to your diet will help speed up your recovery so you can get back to enjoying life again.
It’s been ages since I wrote about green smoothies. There are two reasons:
1) I haven’t been feeling well
2) I stopped drinking them for a while
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
One of the changes I made was to go on a GAPs diet to try and finally improve my digestive health. I took a Paleo approach to the GAPs diet and was starting to feel really well on it. The GAPs diet starts you off without fruit and I realised my blood sugar levels were more stable than they’d ever been. I was noticing massive improvements in so many areas of my health.
However I couldn’t seem to regain my former vibrancy and energy that I used to have. I also had a series of dental infections, a cyst, 2 courses of antibiotics, and numerous cold, flu and stomach bugs that left me totally wiped out all winter long. I was taking all sorts of supplements which helped with some of my health problems but not all of them. I just didn’t know what else I could do to feel well again.
Then I realised what was missing from my diet.
I am a massive believer in a high raw food diet and always thought it was what helped me to recover my health last time. I ate loads of fruit and felt really good. But this time, every time I introduced fruit into my diet I had a blood sugar crash and was feeling a bit weak and shaky. Find out how raw food can help you get well by clicking here.
I was also not feeling like eating salads as it’s been winter for a very long time here, and I’ve been having some dental issues making it difficult for me to chew salads.
In addition to that, I don’t own a juicer so vegetable juices weren’t an option.
So what did I do?
I created a no fruit blender juice.
I get loads of requests asking me for no fruit green drink recipes, and now I’m more sensitive to fruit myself I’m going to be creating a lot more of them.
I already have a recipe for a vegetable smoothie which I sometimes used. But there are several advantages to this blender juice that I have created.
10 Reasons to Drink the “Get Well” Speedy Blender Juice
- It only has 2 ingredients so you don’t actually need to follow a recipe. You can remember it
- It is extremely quick to make
- It is very quick to drink (I drink mine while I’m making my breakfast)
- It is very quick to wash up a blender rather than a juicer
- It’s easy to drink as it has the consistency of juice (thin) rather than thick like a smoothie
- It is pure raw nutrient packed goodness – no water needs to be added
- Great for people who don’t like to eat salads
- No speciality ingredients needed – you can buy these ingredients at any shop
- Doesn’t contain fruit so it won’t spike your blood sugar levels
- Perfect for sick people as it’s easy to make and very healing
It is so hard to eat well when you’re sick. I don’t know about you but in our household whenever I’m sick, the whole household doesn’t function properly. Things don’t get done properly and with a toddler and a baby to look after, my own needs were often getting overlooked.
It’s hard to make healthy food in the kitchen when you barely have the energy to stand up, so this blender juice is perfect for those with such little energy and time to look after themselves properly.
I found after about a week of drinking this blender juice, my former energy started to return. I am now feeling stronger than I have done in a very long time. If you are sick, I really urge you to give this a try.
The blender juice only has 2 ingredients which are cucumber and leafy greens. Why did I choose those two ingredients?
Cucumbers are usually very easy to digest by most people and they have enough water content to make a ‘juice’ without needing to add any water to your blender. Plus they are extremely good for your health as they remove toxins and do many other great things for you.
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you’ll know how passionate I am about leafy greens and how beneficial they are for your health. I believe leafy greens are one of the best foods you can eat to heal your body, which is why there are so many stories of people recovering their health after starting a green smoothie habit.
If you’re interested in getting starting with green smoothies and want to learn how to make green smoothies and reach your ideal weight you might like to sign up for my FREE 12 week e-course.
I only wanted two ingredients in this blender juice so that it would be easy for people to make who are lacking in time and energy. It certainly motivates me to make it.
Keep reading for the blender juice recipe below.
How To Make the “Get Well” Speedy Blender Juice For Health Recovery
Blender Juice Recipe
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Large Green Leaves/ 2 handfuls Romaine Lettuce, Spinach, Chard, Kale
Here are the short instructions if you’re in a hurry:
- Just blend the cucumber and leafy greens in your blender, and drink it! That’s it!
More detailed Blender Juice Recipe Instructions:
- Chop the Cucumber and add it to your blender. Try and blend the cucumber without adding any water to it as you’ll be getting more of the raw goodness and won’t have to drink such a large quantity of juice. You will probably need to use a whole cucumber to get a large blender to blend this properly.
- If you are using a small blender you could probably just use half a cucumber, but for health benefits I’d recommend using the full cucumber.
- You should have enough cucumber in your blender to more than cover the blades or it won’t blend.
- Now blend the cucumber on the lowest setting until it gains momentum and the cucumber juice is released. Now you can increase the speed until all the cucumber has turned into liquid.
- If your blender is struggling to cope, add a tiny bit of water. You will get to know what your own blender can cope with. I use a Vitamix and it’s honestly the best thing I ever bought as I’ve got so much use out of it.
- If you are using large green leaves, chop them either with a knife or using scissors. Add them to the blender and blend on low to start with until all the leaves are submerged and then on high until the juice is smooth.
- If your juice is too warm you could add some ice cubes. You might also like to try adding frozen greens to cool your juice down. Click here to find out how to freeze your greens.
How often to drink the “Get Well” Speedy Blender Juice
I would recommend starting with once a day.
Then gradually increase so you are drinking this 3 times a day.
Before meals is a great time to drink this juice as your body more easily absorbs the raw food if it hasn’t just had a big meal.
How To Drink Blender Juice
This is going to sound weird, but I advise you to ‘chew’ this juice. Why? Because it’s still food and it prepares your stomach for the food that is about to hit it by pre-digesting it. How do you chew juice? Just by swilling it around your mouth a few times until it gets slightly warm and changes flavour. Then you know it’s pre-digested. ‘Chewing’ your juices and smoothies is especially important for people who have digestive problems.
This blender juice is different to my usual Green Thickies which are meal replacement, sweet green smoothies.
This blender juice isn’t filling so please don’t try and use it as a substitute for your meals.
If you want to turn it into a complete meal, you can add one of the 20 different fillers to it. This is even better if you’re sick as you won’t have to worry about making a separate meal as well as this blender juice.
Have you ever used raw food to recover your health?
By Katherine Kyle
(Blogger at Green Thickies.com)
If you loved this post please G+ It (by clicking on the + in the box below) Thanks!
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020