This was the smoothie I made on Day 2 of my Live Below The Line Project. You can read all about it complete with my costings for each meal. All my costings are in British Pounds, but whatever country you live in, this smoothie is very cheap and will also give you a complete healthy balanced breakfast.
This smoothie is not only cheap but tasted absolutely gorgeous. It was definitely my favourite out of the cheap smoothies that I made. It has definitely made me much more aware of my spending since I took part in the project and now I think I make much better decisions about what I spend my money on. Since then my spending on food shopping is a lot more than I spent on the project but it’s less than my budget and I definitely am not overspending as I was before I started. I’m pregnant and am just about to have a baby so I’ve been buying a few more convenience foods that will save me time when I have the baby such as buying peanut butter, Jam and dairy free milk instead of making my own as I normally like to do. Once I’m in a pattern with my kids I’m going to get back to making absolutely everything from scratch again.
You can read all my Live Below The Line posts here: How I’m going to live below the poverty line for 5 days, What food I bought to Live Below The Poverty Line and Day 1 Living Below the Line: Finding out what true hunger really means, Day 2 Living Below the Line: Why eating unrefined food is essential on a budget, Day 3 Living Below the Line: Why eating vegan food is cheaper, Day 4 Living Below The Line: Why Variety is the Key to Health, Day 5 Living Below the Line: How to plan cheap healthy meals.
Cheap Smoothies 2: Sweet Almond Surprise (Frugal Full Meal Green Smoothie)
- 1 & 1/3 cup Rolled Oats
- 4 tablespoons Flaxseeds (Use Ground Flaxseeds if you don’t have a powerful blender or grind your own in a coffee grinder to save more money) or use ground or whole almonds if you can find them at a good price.
- 5oz Frozen Spinach ((140 grams (About 3 cubes) or about 1 cup of fresh spinach)OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- 3 small Bananas ((Frozen bananas will keep the smoothie cool. ))
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 & 1/2 cups Water
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- If you are making a green smoothie blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients. This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
This smoothie serves 2 but if you have an active job, do work outs or have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink both servings.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie. Or read this guide on How to make a smoothie perfect every time.
Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk), salt free (don’t add salt), nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
* If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet,) please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020