This Gingerbread Smoothie can also be easily turned into a complete meal replacement if you include the optional extra healthy fillers such as oats. You can turn this recipe into a green smoothie by including the optional leafy greens in this recipe.
If you love gingerbread, you will adore this healthy gingerbread smoothie dessert version of this classic. I didn’t expect my baby to like such a powerful ginger taste, but she wolfed it down too. Not only does ginger support a healthy immune system, there is something irresistible about it when combined with these other healthy ingredients.
This is the fourth of my ‘dessert thickie’ series. Click here to see all the dessert smoothies. These are healthy smoothies that taste like popular desserts with added fillers to turn them into a complete meal. These dessert smoothies will get rid of any cravings for biscuits but fill you up until your next meal. Add some sparkle to your diet!
Gingerbread Smoothie: Let your taste buds sparkle with this Dessert Thickie
If you love gingerbread, you will adore this healthy gingerbread smoothie dessert version of this classic. Let your taste buds sparkle!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie Ingredients
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 4 Bananas
- ¼ Cup Almonds (Use ground almonds/ almond flour if you don’t have a powerful blender)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of fresh or ground ginger OR
- 1 drop of ginger Young Living essential oil (Learn how to get my favourite Young Living essential oils at wholesale prices here)
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses (If you need a gingerbread recipe without molasses, just substitute this for agave nectar, maple syrup, raw honey or ¼ cup of dates or raisins. If it gets too thick, add a little bit more water)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Optional: 1 Cup Oats (or choose one of the other 20 fillers)
- Optional: 1 Cup of Spinach or other mild greens OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
Blend the ingredients in the following order:
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
- Blend the greens next. (If using) for a short time
- Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a green thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
- Blending this way allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
How much should I drink to replace a meal?
- Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
- This green thickie serves 2 so you should DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more
See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
Suitable for Special Diets:
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk or tofu), salt free (don’t add salt), nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
More information about making the perfect Green Thickie:
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
This Gingerbread Smoothie is a blended complete meal containing natural protein sources and leafy greens. If you’d like any more information about these topics, check out my complete guides below:
- The Ultimate Smoothie Blender Guide
- The Only Guide To Protein Shakes You’ll Ever Need
- Over 50 Spinach Recipes: The Complete Collection
- The Complete Guide To Green Smoothies
- The Essential Guide To Meal Replacement Shakes
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started