We all know how delicious coconut milk is don’t we?
And we all know how good coconuts are for us…
So coconut milk must be great for our health then?
Well there’s actually 2 types of coconut milk:
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Coconut milk from a can – better for us but watch out for nasty fillers. I recommend this brand with no nasty fillers. This type of coconut milk is high in good fats. This is thicker, very filling and higher in calories.
- Coconut milk from a carton – not so good for us as this often contains sugar and nasty fillers. This is lower in calories, much thinner in consistency. We are going to recreate a healthy version of this today. This is a popular brand that I DON’T recommend because it contains refined sugars, MSGs and other chemicals and preservatives that will harm your health.
Today I’m going to show you how to easily make your own coconut milk in seconds using just 2 ingredients.
No need to bother with prising open coconuts, or adding dried coconut that needs straining.
All we need for this recipe is just 2 ingredients…
- Coconut butter (See the brand I recommend here)
- Water (Make sure it is filtered to avoid harmful chemicals in tap water. (I recommend this filter)
This coconut milk is best served freshly blended as it tends to separate a bit when left in the fridge. But if you are using this coconut milk in one of my Green Thickie recipes – you can store as much as you like in the fridge.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Coconut is a healthy fat, is good for your heart and helps you lose weight.
Here’s another tip… instead of buying coconut butter which can be very expensive, instead buy creamed coconut. It is exactly the same product, it’s just called a different name. You can usually find creamed coconut in the Asian section of your store, or you can get it on Amazon. This is what is looks like.
I created this short video to show you how easy it is to whip up a quick cup of coconut milk!Print
Homemade Coconut Milk Recipe (Coconut Butter and Water)
Today I’m going to show you how to easily make coconut milk from coconut butter and water in seconds. No need to bother with prising open coconuts, or adding dried coconut that needs straining. I created this short video to show you how easy it is to whip up a quick cup of coconut milk that you can use in all of your Green Thickies! Read the blog post to find out why we need to avoid most store bought coconut milks, the difference between the 2 types of coconut milk, the secret name for coconut butter that will save you a fortune, and get my easy coconut milk recipe video.
- Prep Time: 1 Minute
- Total Time: 1 Minute
- Yield: 1 Cup 1x
- Category: Smoothie Ingredients
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
Use in any of my recipes that call for Dairy Free Milk. (Get my free recipe book here)
- Calories: 93 Per Serving
You can replace any of the liquid in any Green Thickie recipe with this homemade coconut milk.
Are you new to Green Thickies?
Let me know your thoughts about coconut milk in the comments.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020