Quick Carrot, Sweet Potato & spinach
“No Cook” Blender Soup
I have another great raw filling soup for you today. This carrot and sweet potato soup with spinach is absolutely gorgeous and the glowing colour looks really inviting.
Benefits of raw soup
The benefits of raw soup is that you get all the nutrients that are usually cooked away. It also saves so much time as you can just add the ingredients directly to your blender and they taste amazing.
Benefits of Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes are low in fat so they are excellent for people trying to lose weight. They are also much better for you than white potatoes as indicated by the bright orange colour.
A lot of sources will tell you that sweet potatoes contain vitamin D which would be great news for vegans if it were true. However chronometer.com tells me there is no vitamin D in sweet potatoes and I trust that as an official dietary source. At this time of year we are prone to Seasonal affective Disorder (SAD) due to the lack of sunlight, especially those who live in northern climates. If you eat a plant based diet, you will have to ensure you are getting enough vitamin D. To do this you can either spend some time outside during the day, get yourself a SAD lightbox, eat dairy free fortified milk or take a Vitamin D supplement to make sure you get enough.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Warm raw soup?
You can let your blender run for a while so the soup heats up but don’t let it get too hot as you wouldn’t want to destroy all of the nutrients.
What is a Green Thickie soup?
This is a still a ‘Green Thickie’ soup as it’s a meal replacement soup and it’s lovely, thick and filling. (Along with containing greens) It doesn’t contain oats or any grains though, the carbs come from sweet potato so it’s great for people on a raw food diet. It is a great soup for everyone as it’s full of nutrients and perfect for fall/autumn.
This soup is on the lower end of the calorie scale so you may have to eat slightly more than one serving to fill yourself up completely if you’re not having anything else with this soup. This recipe makes 2 servings so you’ve always got the option to have more if you want it.
Why you should include raw leafy greens at every meal
If you hadn’t already noticed, I like to include raw green leafy vegetables in all of my meals (smoothies, soups etc.) as greens are so good for you. Leafy greens are extremely good at healing the body and giving you energy so that’s why I recommend you try to include RAW greens with every meal, either in the form of a salad, green smoothie, green soup or a green juice.
Raw Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup with spinach
Even though this is a green soup, the colour of the sweet potatoes is too good to hide, so what I ended up doing was creating a sweet potato soup with a swirl of spinach in the middle. So you get the best of both worlds!
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
To do the swirl, I blended up all the ingredients apart from the spinach, poured half of the sweet potato into bowls then blended the remainder of sweet potato with the spinach and poured that on top, swirling it round.
The added benefit of adding the spinach later is that you can run your blender on for a while until it gets warm with the sweet potato in, and then just add your spinach in at the last minute so your spinach will remain uncooked and keep it’s nutrients.
This is a lovely eye catching soup is great to serve for guests, and they’ll never know they are eating a healthy raw soup.
I hope you enjoy this healthy sweet potato soup as much I do. I’m enjoying getting back to my soups now the weather has turned colder. What is your favourite type of soup?
[tweetherder]Nobody would ever know this sweet potato soup was actually raw.[/tweetherder]
Raw Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup with spinach (Meal Replacement)
This creamy carrot and sweet potato soup with spinach keeps all it’s nutrients in tact and can be made very quickly in a blender.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 Cup Water
- 2 Small Sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (I used 2 heaped cups)
- 1 medium Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 Avocado
- 3 small Dates, I used Deglet Noor (or any other dried fruit which can also be pre-soaked for a smoother blend)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Pinch Cinnamon or to taste
- Pinch Nutmeg or to taste
- 1 Cup Spinach, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed. (Or any other mild greens)
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed apart from the spinach.
- Add more water if required to thin it out. (If your blender won’t blend raw sweet potato you could cook it first.)
- Blend until it gets warm.
- Pour half into 2 bowls.
- Blend the remainder of the soup with the spinach. Pour this into the middle of the bowls and swirl it round.
- If you don’t have time for a 2 step soup, just blend all the ingredients together. This will make a green soup but it will still taste the same.
- The calories shown are for half of the ingredients listed as this smoothie serves 2.
- Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free, raw, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk), nut free
- Serving Size: 500 ml/ 1 pint/ 20 oz
- Calories: 352
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 732mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 6g
I have shared this with Wellness Weekends and Healthy Vegan Fridays.
I know you may not have time to digest all this right now, so I wanted to give you a handy print out of this blog post so you can stick it on your fridge to help you on your journey to optimal health.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 10 Extraordinary Banana Nutrition Facts - September 1, 2020
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020