Do you want to know what my absolute favourite food in the world is? (apart from Green Thickies of course)…
They bring back lovely memories of my nan who made me massive batches of pancakes when I went to see her.
She made crepes with lemon juice and sugar and I adored them.
She couldn’t cook them as fast as I could eat them!
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Now as an adult I still adore pancakes and I make them almost every weekend for brunch for my family.
I alternate between crepes, American pancakes and oven baked pancakes (so easy!).
And of course I am obsessed with healthy eating and providing the healthiest options for my family – that still taste good.
So all of my pancake recipes are nourishing, clean, wholesome and made with real food.
So while I am waiting for my pancakes to cook I often whip up a topping that is either a fruit compote or a fruity sauce.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Today I am sharing my fruity sauce with you as it’s so quick and easy, and it will literally transform your pancakes into something gourmet and extra delicious.
And of course because I am obsessed with leafy greens and how they do miraculous things for the body, I just had to sneak some leafy greens into this recipe.
As we are not drinking my Green Thickies today, I had to find another way to sneak some leafy greens into our meals.
And a berry sauce is the perfect place to sneak leafy greens in because the berries are dark purple in colour which is the more dominant colour. So the sauce neither looks or tastes at all green.
My kids won’t touch any green vegetables yet they devoured this sauce.
It’s so easy, you just literally throw the ingredients into your blender and serve.
The best thing is this sauce is raw so it retains all of the nutrients – just like a smoothie!
This sauce needs to be thicker than a smoothie so we’re not using much if any water for this recipe.
Sneaky Green Sweet Berry Pancake Sauce Recipe
Sneaky Green Sweet Berry Pancake Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth for about 1 minute. If you don’t have a high speed blender you might need to add a small amount of water to get this to blend easily. If your blender can’t handle blending harder ingredients like dates, you can replace the dates with ¼ cup maple syrup or raw honey – or to taste.
- Pour the sauce into a jug and pour on pancakes to serve
- You can replace the fruit with any other fruit of your choice, but bear in mind, this sauce might turn green if it doesn’t contain dark berries.
- Of course you can always leave the leafy greens out. This won’t affect the recipe, but you won’t get those added nutrients.
Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020