I love how it just makes everything taste rich and creamy and it’s very nourishing and filled with healthy fats that promote heart and brain health.
And nothing beats tasty and healthy at the same time in my book.
I love to put it into my kids smoothies to make them thick like a dessert pudding.
Do you enjoy avocados as much as I do?
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
If you haven’t fallen in love with avocados yet, here are 10 reasons that are guaranteed to make your a die-hard avocado fan!
- Avocados taste sinfully delicious, yet they are one of the healthiest sources of natural fats out there.
- Avocados make your skin glowy and beautiful. The antioxidants in avocados help to get rid of toxins that promote premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. A lot of the toxins on your facial skin are the residue of makeup. Applying 1 mashed avocado as a facial mask and leaving it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing will help to remove these toxins and soften the skin. I promise, in the end, your skin will be radiant and gorgeous!
- I love to use avocado as a spread on my healthy homemade bread with a sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt. It is so much better than butter or any unhealthy diary spread and 10 times healthier.
- You can use avocados as a natural hair mask. One avocado mashed and mixed together with 1 egg and your favorite essential oil is great for conditioning your hair. The healthy oils in the avocado help to moisturize and soften dry and brittle hair, and the vitamin E helps to restore a natural shine to your hair. To obtain these benefits simply massage the avocado and egg mixture into your hair and scalp and leave in for about 20 minutes. Then wash and condition with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
- I love avocado in salads. Chopped into thick, rich and tossed with greens or whisked into creamy dressings – avocados can make any salad better!
- I love substituting avocado in recipes that call for mayonnaise as a healthier creamy element.
- Avocados provide all 18 essential amino acids necessary for the body to form a complete protein. Unlike the protein in steak, which is difficult for most people to digest, avocado protein is readily absorbed by the body, because avocados also contain fiber. If you are trying to cut down on animal sources of protein in your diet, or if you are a vegetarian or vegan seeking more protein, avocados are a great nutritional ally to include not merely as an occasional treat, but as a regular part of your diet. Highest protein content of any fruit (yes, it’s a fruit).
- I love adding avocados to my Green Thickies to make them rich and creamy!
- Avocados give plain scrambled eggs a fluffy and delicious, almost souffle-like consistency. Try scrambling some mashed avocado into your morning omelet and you might just be surprised with the results.
- Avocados help you with your ABCs. While avocados have a high caloric count (one avocado is 320 calories), the various nutrients and healthy fats make it a must-eat. They are an alphabet of vitamins. One avocado provides your body with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6, along with an enormous amount of potassium and healthy fat. Perhaps the biggest health benefit of avocados is that by adding avocado to certain foods, you can improve your absorption of nutrients. This means that when you combine other fat burning foods with avocado, you can improve your nutrient absorption up to 400%!
This is why I have incorporated tons of avocado recipe in my Leaf System recipes that can help you lose weight, get your health back, and be your best self. From avocado thickies, salads, and even avocado soup, The Leaf System has every unique way imaginable to incorporate this amazingly nutritious ingredient.
Click HERE to join The Leaf System and share the avocado love.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020