Clutter can come in SO many different forms.
It’s not just all the junk on your desk or the stuff laying around your house you don’t have a place for.
Our routines can also be cluttered and unorganized. I won’t go as far to say that people are clutter, but when you simplify your life and spend time with the right people you will find you are much calmer and more focused to live the life you want to live.
Here is a list of ways to declutter and simplify your life for better calm and focus.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Make lists- Having a to-do list is one of the best things you can do to stay organized and reduce stress. When you have a list you don’t forget things.
- Clean your computer out- Our work and home computers can become really cluttered with stuff. It makes it hard to find the files or photos we really need. Take some time to delete old files and you will notice your stress go down when you use your computer.
- Clean off your desk- If you are one of those people that stacks everything on their desk, now is the time to clean it off. Decluttering your desk will lead to less stress in the workplace.
- Tackle each room in your house and simplify- Get rid of stuff that just sits around or goes unused in your home. Have a garage sale or donate stuff to the thrift store.
- Go through your Facebook friends list and reduce it- I like to keep my friends list a bit smaller. I especially like to get rid of “friends” that post negative stuff. Once you eliminate the amount of people in your feed you will find you are left with more quality information from more people you really care about.
- Get rid of negative influences- This goes for all negative influences but especially those on-line. Stop clicking on the comments section of the articles as they are one the most stressful and time wasting activities you can do. Get rid of the negative pages on Facebook too.
- Stop watching the news- Taking the nightly news out of your routine will declutter all the negative thoughts in your head leaving you more relaxed throughout the day. The media tends to focus on the negative or sensationalist stories. If you really want to stay informed go online and choose media outlets that are reputable and not just after ratings.
- Set up an organized system for your bills etc- If you have a place to put everything when it comes in the mail your home will be less cluttered. If you pay your bills online you can set up a calendar with reminders of when things are due. Late bills always clutter up your day and cause stress.
- Reduce your commitments- Too many commitments leaves time for very little else in your life. Learn how to say no and make sure you are caring for yourself before caring for others.
- Rethink your routines- If your routine is getting old or just not that efficient, figuring out a new routine can help simplify your life.
- Meditate- Meditation is the best way to declutter your mind. Once you are calmer and more focused everything else will flow more easily.
- Delegate– Learn to ask for help! You don’t have to do everything yourself, you just think you do!
- Clean out drawers- Do you stash everything in a drawer to be dealt with later? If so, then you should clean all your drawers out. Even clutter we can’t see can cause stress because you still know it’s there.
- Clean out cupboards and throw away all old food and supplements and food that is bad for you- When we are busy stuff can get pushed to the back of the cupboards. I once found three packages of baking soda in the back of my cupboard. I kept buying new ones!! Make sure that the food you have access to is healthy and not out of date.
- Stop hanging out with people that are negative or not really your friends- People that are in your life but are often negative can make you very unhappy. Decrease the drama and see how much simpler your life becomes.
- Clean out your closets- When we have room in our closets our subconscious “doer” can relax knowing that things are in order and not “hiding in the closet” for later.
- Organize your child’s belongings- If you have kids you know the clutter can increase fast. Put in an organizational system in your playroom or child’s room. Get them to help put stuff away. It teaches them to declutter as well.
- Have a designated place for everything– If you know where stuff goes, it’s easy to find. For instance, put your keys in the same place every time you walk in the door.
- Keep a journal-When you write a journal it gives you a way to go back and review your life. Sometimes we don’t know what needs decluttered until we review what we have written.
- Eat a cleaner diet- When we eat healthy and clean, meaning whole real food without chemicals, it affects our mood,focus and clarity.
A clean diet isn’t just good for our bodies it’s good for our mental health too, it’s all connected.
This is the best tip in this list because when you clean out your diet, your mind will naturally becoming cleaned out and you’ll find success in so many different areas of your life as a result. Click here to get my FREE meals plans to give your mind the best clearout possible.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020