This pear smoothie couldn’t be more simple. It only has 3 ingredients but the taste is amazing. The trick to great tasting simple smoothie is to use ripe sweet fruit otherwise the smoothie just won’t taste good.
Although most of us have access to pears all year round, they are cheaper when they’re in season and if you’re lucky you’ll get access to more varieties.
How To Tell If Pears Are Ripe
Pears ripen after they have been picked.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Although there are some varieties that I’ve bought in the past that I can leave for a couple of months and remain like little bricks. They never ripen and I have to throw them away.
I don’t like that pears can be a bit hit and miss like that so I tend to stick to the same variety of pear.
Conference pears never seem to let me down. They ripen consistently, for me usually within a week and they are just the right size with a lovely juicy flesh.
Most fruit becomes squeezable when it’s ripe, but it’s easy for pears to become overripe very quickly if you’re not careful.
The trick to knowing whether pears are ripe is to squeeze them at the very top near the stalk.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
If the pear yields up there then it’s probably ripe. It might also look a little bit shriveled up at the top.
Check out the video below showing you some facts about pears and loads of benefits of the fruit.
Almond and Pear Smoothie
For this almond and pear smoothie, I used whole almonds as I prefer to use whole foods in my smoothies if I can.
However, the texture of the smoothie is a little bit gritty as a result but the taste is well worth it and it didn’t stop us really enjoying this smoothie.
Almonds and pear is a unique taste that just can’t be beaten.
However, if you’d prefer to get a less grainy texture in your smoothie you could either use ground almonds or pre-soak your almonds and remove their skins.
4 Way Smoothie
As usual, I recommend you add 2 cups of greens to turn this smoothie into a green smoothie.
If you want a complete meal (a Thickie or a Green Thickie) then I recommend adding one cup of filling carbs (oats or quinoa) to your smoothie.
What is your favorite type of pear?Print
Almond and Pear Smoothie (4 Way Smoothie)
This almond and pear smoothie has only 3 ingredients but the combination of almond and pear just can’t be beaten.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 Cups Almond Milk or other Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 4 Medium Pears (4 Cups)
- ¼ Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Spinach, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed. (Or any other mild greens)
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- If you are making a green smoothie blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients. This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
- The calories shown are for half of the ingredients (of the basic fruit smoothie) listed as this smoothie serves 2.
- If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
- Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk), salt free, nut free (replace nuts with any plain seeds)
- *If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
- See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Serving Size: 500 ml/ 1 pint/ 20 oz
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 43g
- Sodium: 154mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 67g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 6g
Health Benefits of Almonds
Related Resources You Will Love
Here are all the most popular resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- FREE Weight Loss Green Smoothie Recipe Card
Click here to pin this for later
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020