This pear smoothie couldn’t be more simple. It only has 3 ingredients but the taste is amazing. The trick to great tasting simple smoothie is to use ripe sweet fruit otherwise the smoothie just won’t taste good.
Although most of us have access to pears all year round, they are cheaper when they’re in season and if you’re lucky you’ll get access to more varieties.
How To Tell If Pears Are Ripe
Pears ripen after they have been picked.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Although there are some varieties that I’ve bought in the past that I can leave for a couple of months and remain like little bricks. They never ripen and I have to throw them away.
I don’t like that pears can be a bit hit and miss like that so I tend to stick to the same variety of pear.
Conference pears never seem to let me down. They ripen consistently, for me usually within a week and they are just the right size with a lovely juicy flesh.
Most fruit becomes squeezable when it’s ripe, but it’s easy for pears to become overripe very quickly if you’re not careful.
The trick to knowing whether pears are ripe is to squeeze them at the very top near the stalk.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
If the pear yields up there then it’s probably ripe. It might also look a little bit shriveled up at the top.
Check out the video below showing you some facts about pears and loads of benefits of the fruit.
Almond and Pear Smoothie
For this almond and pear smoothie, I used whole almonds as I prefer to use whole foods in my smoothies if I can.
However, the texture of the smoothie is a little bit gritty as a result but the taste is well worth it and it didn’t stop us really enjoying this smoothie.
Almonds and pear is a unique taste that just can’t be beaten.
However, if you’d prefer to get a less grainy texture in your smoothie you could either use ground almonds or pre-soak your almonds and remove their skins.
4 Way Smoothie
As usual, I recommend you add 2 cups of greens to turn this smoothie into a green smoothie.
FREE Green Smoothie Online ClassI lost 56 pounds in a few months with my Green Smoothie Detox. This video shows you how you can do the same. Take my 28 day challenge to drop a whole dress size in one month following this easy plan. Best of all, you'll barely spend any time in the kitchen, and you can even eat on the go if you need to. This detox only contains natural ingredients you can buy locally. These meals are very simple and quick to make, and they still taste delicious. Click here to Watch my FREE video today. (No opt in required)
If you want a complete meal (a Thickie or a Green Thickie) then I recommend adding one cup of filling carbs (oats or quinoa) to your smoothie.
What is your favorite type of pear?Print
Almond and Pear Smoothie (4 Way Smoothie)
This almond and pear smoothie has only 3 ingredients but the combination of almond and pear just can’t be beaten.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 Cups Almond Milk or other Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 4 Medium Pears (4 Cups)
- ¼ Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Spinach, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed. (Or any other mild greens)
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- If you are making a green smoothie blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients. This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
- The calories shown are for half of the ingredients (of the basic fruit smoothie) listed as this smoothie serves 2.
- If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
- Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk), salt free, nut free (replace nuts with any plain seeds)
- *If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
- See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Serving Size: 500 ml/ 1 pint/ 20 oz
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 43g
- Sodium: 154mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 67g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 6g
Health Benefits of Almonds
Related Resources You Will Love
Here are all the most popular resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- FREE Weight Loss Green Smoothie Recipe Card
Click here to pin this for later
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020
Alaine @ My GF & DF Living says
Yumm! I love the idea of an almond and pear smoothie. I haven’t tried it yet!
Lisa @ Flour Me With Love says
What a wonderful combination! Thanks so much for sharing :)
Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain says
Thank you for sharing your recipes at Cast Party Wednesday. Have a GREAT week! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~
What a unique combination, using almonds and pear in a smoothie. You are always so creative with your creations! Thank you so much for sharing this on Meatless Monday :)
annie @ montanasolarcreations says
I just found this and I think you are my new favorite blog!! I bought several straw cups for our toddler last week so I could start giving her smoothies but mine are always basic yogurt fruit blends so I’ve been looking for recipes just like the ones you share here! I subscribed and followed on FB, can’t wait to start making some of these :) Would love for you to share this on Snacktime Saturday weekly link up http://www.montanasolarcreations.com/2012/10/snacktime-saturday-week-8-guest-host.html
Miz Helen says
What a great Smoothie, I love pears. Have a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Great combo. looks delish. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) says
As always this sounds SUPER yummy!! Got it tweeted and pinned!
What would be the nutrition facts per serving for the Pear Almond (green thickie)? Also, how would I figure that out myself for future Thickies? (I keep a food journal). Thanks so much!