** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
This Fig Pie Dessert Smoothie: Dessert Thickie can also be easily turned into a complete meal replacement if you include the optional extra healthy fillers such as oats.
You can also easily convert this smoothie into a protein shake by including the optional natural plant based protein such as nuts or seeds.
You can turn this recipe into a green smoothie by including the optional leafy greens in this recipe.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
This is a rich, caramelised fig pie dessert smoothie.
If you can get hold of fresh figs, then use these instead of dried figs. This will significantly reduce the calories but you may need to add some more dried fruit or healthy sweetener to it depending how sweet you like it.
This is the third in a series of dessert thickies, smoothies that taste like desserts and are made thick and filling with the use of oats.
This smoothie is a complete meal in a glass.
I love to have mine as a weekend treat either for breakfast or in the evening after my meal for my ‘dessert’.
Either way this will satisfy all your sweet cravings.
Figs have so much fibre that this will keep you going for hours. Figs are also great for constipation.
Fig Pie Dessert Smoothie: Dessert Thickie
We all love our desserts but we don’t love what they do to our waistlines and health. Unless you make a healthy thick dessert smoothie – A Thickie!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Cup Dried Figs
- ¼ Cup Pecans
- A Pinch of Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- OPTIONAL: 1 Cup Oats (or choose one of the other 20 fillers. (Click here to choose a different filler)
- OPTIONAL: 1 Cup Spinach or other leafy greensOR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder.for an extra healthy green boost.
See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
Blend the ingredients in the following order:
- Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
- Blend the greens next. (If using) for a short time
- Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a green thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
- Blending this way allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
How much should I drink to replace a meal?
- Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
- This green thickie serves 2 so you should DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
Suitable for Special Diets:
Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk or tofu), salt free (don’t add salt), nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
More information about making the perfect Green Thickie:
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
This Fig Pie Dessert Smoothie: Dessert Thickie is a blended complete meal containing natural protein sources and leafy greens. If you’d like any more information about these topics, check out my complete guides below:
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020