This Raw Vegan Creamy “Pistachio Ice Cream” Thickie Shake can also be easily turned into a complete meal replacement if you include the optional extra healthy fillers such as oats.
You can also easily convert this smoothie into a protein shake by including the optional natural plant based protein such as nuts or seeds.
You can turn this recipe into a green smoothie by including the optional leafy greens in this recipe.
This has got to be one of the one dessert thickies I think most people will love due to it’s creamy nature and neutral sweet taste.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
When I saw the buzz surrounding this Pistachio Ice Cream smoothie on Healthy Blender Recipes, I had to include my version of it as part of my Dessert Thickie series.
The original recipe, Sweet Kale Shake was created by Sun Café in LA which I haven’t had the pleasure of trying but I hear it has won awards!
My baby and I enjoyed these Creamy Pistachio Ice Cream Lollies on a rare sunny (but still cold) day in Inverness, Scotland.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
I made some with kale added and some without and they were both delicious.
Suitable for Special Diets
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut free*Print
Raw Vegan Creamy “Pistachio Ice Cream” Thickie Shake
Award winning ice cream green smoothie.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie Ingredients
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 ½ Cups Water
- 1 Cup Kale, (optional for this dessert thickie)
- 2 Bananas
- ½ Cup Cashew nuts
- 1 Cup Oats (use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet or oatmeal if you don’t have a powerful blender)
- 3 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon fresh or ground ginger
- Optional: If you want to make it more of an ice cream consistency, substitute 2 of the Cups of Water for Ice.
See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes or frozen fruit to it (You may need to add more water as this will thicken it further).
- The quantity produced varies slightly from recipe to recipe depending on the consistency of the ingredients used and may be a different colour to the photo.
- Half of this recipe should serve one person for breakfast and keep you going until lunch (or any other meal). You can always save the other smoothie for your next meal or the next day, or share it and give someone else an energy boost.
- If you want to ensure this recipe is gluten free or wheat free, either use gluten free oats or substitute the oats for another healthy gluten free grain such as brown rice or quinoa.
- If you want to ensure this recipe is raw, ensure all your ingredients are raw. Include raw oat groats or raw buckwheat. Include raw nut or seed milk or water instead of the oat milk.
- All the Green Thickie recipes on this website are suitable for vegetarians and vegans and are dairy free. They do not include any animal products at all.
- If you are avoiding soya, use a soya free milk.
- Feel free to add a healthy sweetener that fits in with your diet or avoid extra sweeteners altogether. Feel free to substitute sweeteners with whole fruits such as date to increase the sweetness.
- All the recipes are sugar free.
- No green thickie recipes contain salt.
- All recipes are suitable for babies as they contain no salt or sugar.
- Substitute seeds for nuts to make these recipes nut free if you are avoiding potential allergens.
- If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet, please read this first.
- Serving Size: 500 ml/16 oz/ 1 pint
- Calories: 466
- Sugar: 27
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 67
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 13
Please rate this recipe and leave a comment. Help to spread the word about Green Thickies and share this recipe. Many thanks and blessings to you.
This recipe is a blended complete meal containing natural protein sources and leafy greens. If you’d like any more information about these topics, check out my complete guides below:
- The Ultimate Smoothie Blender Guide
- The Only Guide To Protein Shakes You’ll Ever Need
- Over 50 Spinach Recipes: The Complete Collection
- The Complete Guide To Green Smoothies
- The Essential Guide To Meal Replacement Shakes
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020