What I ate Weekly: Week 2
This is the second post in a series detailing exactly what I’m eating to lose weight. After having baby number 2, I had 33 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy ideal weight. I am going to share my weekly food intake with you once a week until I reach my ideal weight again. You can read what I ate last week and see an overview of my weight loss and diet plan.
What I Ate Weekly is an extension of the popular What I ate Wednesday which is an event run by Peas & Crayons blog, where people share what they ate in one day of the week. Now I’m taking that one step further and showing you what I ate for the whole week!
The second week on my new diet
- Date: 16 July
- Start weight: 150 pounds (10 stones, 10 lbs, 68KG). This may not seem that heavy to you but for my small height of 5 ft 3 it puts me into the overweight category.
- Weight on weigh in day: 143 pounds (10 stones, 3 lbs, 64KG)
- Goal weight: 117 pounds (8 stones 5 lbs, 53 KG) This is the weight that I naturally seem to end up at when I remain eating healthily for a long time. I’ve been this weight before both pregnancies and it’s still well within my healthy range.
- Weight loss this week: 5lbs. This was a massive loss this week and more than I would normally expect to lose in one week. There are 2 reasons for this, the first reason is that I wasn’t well for one day and didn’t eat my dinner and the second reason is that I stuck to the diet completely for the whole week so a lot of this weight loss is probably water loss. I wouldn’t normally expect to healthily lose this much weight every week. 1-2 pounds is much more reasonable.
- Total weight loss: 7lb. This is a great start to my diet. I am already feeling much lighter and my stomach has got noticeably smaller.
- Health improvements: I’ve not had any sugar cravings this week and have been able to stick to my diet 100% this week. I am also feeling a lot more energetic despite not getting any more sleep. I am no longer having to peel my eyes open wondering how I’m going to get through the day. Now I am out walking with my kids and able to concentrate on my work in the evenings again.
- Exercise taken: I have been out every talking short walks with my kids in the double buggy. This pram is so cumbersome and difficult to push and turn corners that it’s a complete workout in itself!
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
All the food I ate this week:
This week I’ve been testing the recipes for my new ebook again. I’ve finished my ebook now and the diet is currently with my testers. (Thank you everyone who applied) and I’ll be testing my plan for the next few weeks to check the recipes work, see if I lose weight and feel more healthy. I can’t wait to share my final book with you when it finally goes on sale, but in the meantime you can have a look at some of the recipes I ate this week. I’m not selling my ebook just yet but if you want to read more about it you can read all about my Green Thickies 7 Day Diet Plan here.
I start my week on a Tuesday as I get my shopping on Monday and prepare my food for the following day. This is everything I ate this week:
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Creamy Coconut and Clementine Green Thickie for each meal. I just adore this smoothie, so creamy but so refreshing at the same time.
Dinner: I wasn’t feeling too well today. I don’t know if it was detox symptoms or a bug but it was a lovely day and we went to the beach as my husband was off on annual leave this week. When I got there I got such a bad headache and felt dizzy and very weak. We came home shortly afterwards and I spent the rest of the day in bed so I didn’t actually eat my dinner. It’s not like my to miss meals as I love my food but I felt too sick to eat. I’ve been a bit run down since I had my baby probably due to sleep deprivation and never being able to catch up on sleep.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Breakfast and Lunch: Another serving of Creamy Coconut and Clementine Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Creamy Pasta and Broccoli with Mushrooms. This pasta sauce is so quick with very easy to find ingredients and tastes luxurious!
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Sweet grapefruit and orange Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Another portion of my Creamy Pasta and Broccoli with Mushrooms. This pasta sauce is so quick with very easy to find ingredients and tastes luxurious!
Breakfast and Lunch: Another serving of Sweet grapefruit and orange Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Satay Noodles with stir fry veg
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Apple Coconut Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Another portion of my Satay Noodles with stir fry veg
Breakfast and Lunch: Another serving of my Apple Coconut Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Mushroom & White Bean Chili and Rice
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of my Apple Mango Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Another portion of my Mushroom & White Bean Chili and Rice
I absolutely love my new diet plan and even though I’ve eaten these meals loads of times I still really enjoy it and actually made a load of batches of these meals for my freezer for after my baby was born. I still have loads of them left so next week you’ll be seeing more of my meals from my new ebook. What do you think of my meals this week?
I have also decided that to motivate myself even further and help others at the same time, I am going to donate some money to charity when I lose weight. For every 2 pounds that I lose I’m going to donate enough money (£10.70) to feed a child for a whole year. I’ll be thinking about these hungry children when I’m tempted to overindulge in something unhealthy. I’m going to support Mary’s Meals which is set up by Martha who is a school girl who blogged about her school dinners and became so popular that she was able to raise a fortune for charity. It actually takes very little to feed one child for a whole year so I’m going to commit to that from now on. You can have a look at Mary’s meals and donate here too.
- You can read how I lost my weight previously with green smoothies:
- How I lost 56 Pounds with the Green Smoothie Diet
- Sun Dream Orange and Banana Smoothie and my weight loss progress
- How I lost 5 pounds and dropped a dress size in 7 days: My Green Thickie Challenge (Pt 2)
- Introducing What I ate Weekly #1: How I lost 2 pounds this week
- What I ate Weekly 2: How I lost 5 pounds this week
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020