Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
Green Smoothie of the week
I can’t believe this is the first time I’ve ever had peanut butter in a smoothie. I’ve really been missing out. This smoothie was so rich, creamy and distinctly peanut buttery, so if you like peanut butter, you’ll adore this recipe. It’s also so simple and quick, no messing around, no rinsing fruit, no chopping, just throw it all in the blender. This smoothie also doesn’t have any added sweeteners which is a bonus. It really doesn’t need them. What could be better than this smoothie to start your morning?
Do your children drink green smoothies? This peanut butter smoothie will be a winner for them. My 11 month old (at the time of writing) baby drinks a green thickie every morning, and she usually agrees with me about how good it is. If I don’t like it, she generally doesn’t like it either. I think babies must have very good sense of smell too as sometimes she won’t even try it at all if it’s not a nice recipe. If she doesn’t like the smell she won’t like the taste. She finished up this smoothie very quickly so I could tell she loved it.
We’ve started teaching her sign language and it’s adorable watching her using them. She tells me, no she doesn’t want any more water, and when she’s had enough to eat she tells me she’s finished. It’s great for her to be able to finally communicate with us so well.
This Green smoothie of the week was inspired by a recipe on Kristen Elridge. She has the most beautiful photos.
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie: Green Thickie
1 Cup *Water*
1 Cup *Dairy Free Milk (Like this)
2 Tablespoons *Peanut Butter (Like this)
1 Teaspoon *Vanilla Extract (Like this)
Optional: 1 Cup *Oats (Like this) * or one of the other 20 fillers. (Click here to see the fillers) |
Optional: 1 Cup *Spinach*, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed (or Kale or any other mild greens) OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
*Blend the ingredients in the following order:*
1. Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
2. Blend the greens next for a short time (if using)
3. Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a Green Thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
Blending this way allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
– _Add more water if required to thin it out._
– _Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have._
– _If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending. You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down._
*How much should I drink to replace a meal?*
– Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
– This Green Thickie serves 2 so you should *DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE*. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
*Suitable for Special Diets:*
– *Gluten free* (Use GF Oats or Quinoa)
– *Raw* (Use raw oats/quinoa)
– *Vegetarian*, *vegan*, *dairy free*, *egg free*, *refined sugar free*, *wheat free*, *soya free* (don’t use soya milk or tofu),
– *Salt free* (don’t add salt)
– *Nut free* (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
*More information about making the perfect Green Thickie*
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on *[How to make a Green Thickie
Please Pin this post to Pinterest
Please like this post on G+ by clicking the + at the bottom of the box.
Did you enjoy this post? Like my Facebook Page for fun, freebies and interesting facts, and subscribe to my FREE 12 week e-course to get started with Green Smoothies, lose weight and transform your health.
Latest posts by Katherine Natalia @ Green Thickies (see all)
- At last! My new Green Thickies recipe book has arrived! - May 5, 2015
- Who wants to try Young Living essential oils – free! - March 20, 2015
- 5 Ways to Lose Weight Now With Natural Juices - March 13, 2015