Introducing at least one green smoothie to your day can totally transform your health. Most people don’t get enough leafy greens, and drinking a green smoothie is a great way to get your greens without having to taste or chew them. As part of a healthy balanced diet you could get the following health benefits of green smoothies:
Benefits of Green Smoothies
1) Weight loss. Increasing the number of fruit and vegetables you eat in a day gives you body an opportunity to shed excess fat and water weight built up from toxins stored in the body. I lost 56 pounds by drinking a green smoothies.
2) Weight gain. If you are trying to gain weight, it is much easier to add a filling green smoothie to your existing diet and drink your extra calories that you need to put on weight.
3) More energy. If you start the day with a green smoothie you will notice a massive increase in the amount of energy you have.
4) Mental clarity: Junk food, especially processed white flour and sugar can clog our minds making our brains feel cloudy. Drinking green smoothies will clear your mind and free up your creativity so you can think more easily.
5) Crave less junk: When you increase the amount of healthy foods in your diet and decrease the unhealthy foods you will naturally stop craving junk food and crave more of the same healthy food. You may find yourself adding more fruit during the day when you start eating more healthily.
6) Less snacking: A filling green smoothie (green thickie) normally contains the right amount of calories for one healthy meal. And because the ingredients are generally low GI, they will keep your blood sugar levels low until lunch time helping you to cut out snacking altogether.
7) Improves skin. The amount of acne may reduce when you improve your diet by drinking more green smoothies. It worked for me.
8) Lessens wrinkles: The increased fluids and power of natural foods in your diet will hydrate your skin and reduce your wrinkles making you look younger.
9) Reduce the risk of serious diseases: It is well known that one way of preventing cancer and heart disease is to increase the number of fruit and vegetables in your diet. The more green smoothies you drink, the lower your risk.
10) Improve your immunity to colds, flu and other bugs and feel generally amazing. After having a cold or the flu all winter long, I didn’t have a single bug for 3 years after introducing green smoothies to my diet.
11) Improve your digestion, detox and get your health off to a flying start today. My IBS totally cleared up after changing my diet. A green smoothie will be guaranteed to get everything moving in the morning.
12) Reduce other health complaints: Whatever health complaint you are suffering from, diet can have a dramatic effect on the severity of your symptoms. Try one green smoothie a day for the next week and notice the difference in your own health.
I’d love to hear about the benefits of green smoothies in your life.
If you would like to know more about how to start introducing green smoothies into your diet, sign up for my free 12 week e-course. My course will help you lose weight and improve your health starting TODAY!
If you enjoyed this post please click the + symbol at the bottom of this box, thank you!
Did you enjoy this post? Like my Facebook Page for fun, freebies and interesting facts, and subscribe to my FREE 12 week e-course to get started with Green Smoothies, lose weight and transform your health.
Due to the popularity of essential oils with my readers, I now have an essential oils Facebook Group. If you want to know more about essential oils, please join us by clicking here
Do you have weight to lose? Are you struggling with your health? My new 7 Day Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Improved Health will give you the boost you are looking for. Click here to read more
Latest posts by Katherine Natalia @ Green Thickies (see all)
- I started using therapeutic essential oils…. and THIS happened! - September 17, 2014
- Join me for a Power Meal Smoothie Weight Loss Challenge - September 6, 2014
- Unmissable September Essential Oils Offer! - September 6, 2014