Lime and Ginger Drink: Green Thickie
This Asian inspired lime and ginger drink will revive your energy levels and your taste buds. It is a very refreshing complete meal drink that has a very unique flavour. If you love ginger, you’ll definitely enjoy this green thickie.
Even if you find the taste of ginger overpowering, it’s health benefits are well worth including in your regular diet. Studies have found that ginger can help treat ovarian cancer, and prevent colon cancer. Ginger is widely used as an effective morning sickness remedy. In fact when I was pregnant I drank lemon and ginger tea every morning and didn’t have any morning sickness. Ginger has also been shown to relieve inflammation, migraines, menstrual pains and improve your immune system. A power house of benefits from this ginger drink.
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut free*
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Oat Milk (or any other dairy free milk e.g. rice, soya, almond, hemp coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Cup Oats (use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet)
- 2 Tablespoons Linseeds
- 1 Cup Mango
- 2 Tablespoons desiccated coconut (or fresh if you can find it)
- 1 Cup Spinach
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes to it.
Have a look at this great Green Thickie given to teenagers to help them perform better at school. Green Thickies definitely help you think more clearly and keep you focused and energised at work.
This post has been shared with these Fabulous blog hops.Green Thickies also co-hosts a blog hop, Healthy Vegan Fridays so join us on Friday to find fabulous health related articles and healthy recipes.. The best type of blender to make Green Thickies is a Vitamix and you will get beautifully smooth Green Thickies, but you can use whatever type of blender you have or can afford. This blender is reasonably priced and will easily make green thickies along with lots of other delicious food.
Comments always put a smile on my face, so please take a minute to say hello below. Many thanks.
If you have enjoyed this post please pin it to Pinterest, Tweet it or share it on facebook (below) so others can enjoy it. Many thanks.