I had a dehydrator on my to do list for SUCH a long time.
But I never had the space for one. So when we moved into a bigger house, it was one of the first things that I bought and I just adore it.
So why on earth should we dehydrate our food?
There are SO many great reasons. Here are 8 very good reasons for dehydrating your food:
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Preserves food so it lasts longer
- Great for your health because it retains the original vitamins, minerals, and enzymes much better than any other type of food preserving.
- You can keep food for a long time without using nasty chemicals or preservatives
- Saves money because you can buy food in bulk or during a sale and deydrate a batch of food so it lasts for months
- Allows you to make healthy homemade treats such as yummy kale chips!
- Enables you to make your food more portable, so you can travel with your food without it going bad
- Reduces waste because you can dehydrate your food before it goes bad
- Helps you cope in a food crisis – if for some reason you are without power or the ability to get to the store – you’ll still have a lot of food in your home to eat
My current favourite thing to do with my dehydrator is to soak a large batch of nuts, and then dehydrate them. Soaking your nuts releases the phytic acid and makes them much more digestible. Sometimes I forget to soak a small batch for a recipe – but if they are already soaked and dehydrated, I don’t need to worry about soaking them.
10 Best Raw Dehydrator Recipes
This raw vegan bread recipe resembles bread so much that you will never miss cooked bread ever again.
It is extremely nutritious: it includes both omega 3 fats (from the chia seeds), cruciferous vegetables (the cauliflower), and plant-based protein. A complete package.
~Marina, SOUL IN THE RAW
This recipe is super easy, what it comes down to is throwing everything into a bowl, placing it on a baking tray and removing all the moisture to create crisp and hearty crackers. These can even be made raw by adding them in the dehydrator for a couple of hours, until they’re completely dry.
Kale chips give you that satisfying crunch. This raw kale chip recipe requires a dehydrator.
~Laura-Jane, THE RAWTARIAN
Raw crackers are tasty and nutritious. Best of all, just a few quickly satisfy that craving and are so filling I never over-eat them. I also know that I am getting great nutrients, not just empty calories when I eat them.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
These little almond crackers have a hit of garlic and rosemary. You will love the texture and the taste.
There’s nothing really to say about this raw, vegan flatbread except that you have got to make it! The goodness of broccoli teamed up with parsley, a handful of kale, parsnip, peanuts, sunflower seeds and a bit of flax meal. It’s a tasty bread recipe to use for sandwiches or great snack as a crackers.
~Krisztina, DEVILISHLY RAW
Zucchini chips are an awesome/tasty alternative to convention chips, which have few nutrients and are laden with fat and salt. Not only that, but before I was raw, I always overlooked zucchini as a “buy and make it in bulk” vegetable. But, when zucchini is plentiful, this is the perfect recipe to use them up.
~Lisa, RAW ON $10 A DAY (OR LESS)
The base is made from walnuts so they have a very savory flavor. The healthy fat in the walnuts gives them a great rich texture and flavor. You can make these in your oven if you don’t have a dehydrator, just bake them at the lowest heat offered until golden brown and toasty.
~Summer, STRONG + RADIANT
Dates, fresh fruit, and 4 types of seeds blended together and dehydrated to perfection into chewy, crunchy bars. Three flavor variations, one that contains nuts. Which one will be your favorite?
~Kendra, OUR PALEO LIFE
~Vivica, THE NOURISHED CAVEMAN
And if you’re looking for even more delicious, gluten free, dairy free recipes, I am giving you a month’s worth of meal plans from The Leaf System completely FREE this month.
These meals plans will keep your hunger and cravings away, give you more energy AND help you lose weight.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020