Anti-inflammatory Cranberry Smoothie
Meal Replacement Green Smoothie
This anti-inflammatory meal replacement cranberry smoothie is so good for you. Cranberries are high in phytonutrients which are really good for reducing inflammation.
Benefits of cranberries
- You can prevent urinary tract infections by including cranberries in your daily diet. Cranberries contain proanthocyanidins which prevents bacteria sticking to the uterus walls and bladder.
- Cranberries have been shown to stop cancer cells multiplying.
- Cranberries lower bad cholesterol and help prevent strokes.
- Cranberries help prevent kidney stones and bladder problems.
- Cranberries help prevent plaque build up on the teeth.
So as you can see there are so many benefits of cranberries it’s worth trying to get hold of some fresh or frozen cranberries and use them regularly.
Is Cranberry Juice good for you?
Unfortunately most commercial cranberry juice should be avoided at all costs. A lot of people down glasses of cranberry juice every day thinking they are getting the health benefits but they are actually doing themselves more harm than good. This is because most cranberry juices are actually juice drinks meaning they contain more sugar than any other ingredients. Because cranberries are so bitter, so much sugar is needed to make the juice palatable. Also once the cranberry juice has been pasteurized, there isn’t a lot of point in drinking it as you’re basically just drinking sugar water.
Anti-inflammatory Cranberry Smoothie
This cranberry smoothie has all the antioxidants still present as all the ingredients are eaten raw. This smoothie contains all whole foods which are much better for the body than processed foods such as white sugar which has been stripped of it’s nutrients. This cranberry smoothie still has some tart undertones but is very fresh and tasty and the dates provide some needed sweetness. You can sweeten this smoothie to your own tastes.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
How to re-hydrate dried cranberries
If you can’t find fresh or frozen cranberries for this recipe, you can use dried cranberries. These dried cranberries are good because they are only sweetened with apple juice, not sugar.
To re-hydrate dried cranberries you can substitute 3/4 cup of dried cranberries for 1 cup of fresh cranberries. Put them in a bowl and pour boiling water over the top to cover them. Cover the bowl and leave them for 10-30 minutes. You can now either drain the water away or add that to your smoothie too. You might want to leave it to go cool first unless you are using other frozen ingredients or leaving your green thickie in the fridge for a while before you drink it.
7 Day Challenge update
So how is everyone getting on with their 7 day green thickies challenge? I hope you’re all doing really well and enjoying replacing some of your meals with Green Thickies. If you are replacing all of your meals with Green Thickies I hope you’re doing OK especially if you’ve started detoxing. There are only a couple of days left but the hardest days are the weekends as we’re likely to overindulge. A strategy is just to eat before you go out and think of something nice (but healthy) that you can eat on Monday when you’ve finished the challenge. There are some bloggers who are also taking part in the challenge if you want to check out their blogs. They are: Betsy from Romance on a Dime, Kibby from Kibby’s Blended Life, Joanna, from Green Smoothies Power, and Heather from Sweetly Raw. They have some great blogs so go and check them out now.Print
Anti-inflammatory Cranberry Smoothie (Green Smoothie/Green Thickie)
This Cranberry Smoothie is great for reducing inflammation and has all it’s antioxidants present, unlike commercial cranberry juice drinks.
- Prep Time: 2 Minutes
- Total Time: 2 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 Cup Water (If you are drinking this straight away substitute one cup of water for ice
- 1 Cup Spinach, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed. (Or any other mild greens)OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- ½ Cup Dates (or any other dried fruit which can also be pre-soaked for a smoother blend)
- 1 Cup Oats Or one cup of Quinoa
- ¼ Cup of dried Coconut (or any other type of coconut)
- 2 Tablespoons of Almonds (ground, whole, flaked or almond butter)
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 Cups fresh or frozen Cranberries (If using dried cranberries, follow the instructions in the post to rehydrate)
- 1 Cup Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Banana chopped (fresh or frozen)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients. This creates more space in your blender. Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
The calories shown are for half of the ingredients listed as this smoothie serves 2. If you want less calories add less oats.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
- Serving Size: 500 ml/ 1 pint/ 20 oz
- Calories: 661
- Sugar: 61g
- Sodium: 45mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 119g
- Fiber: 23g
- Protein: 14g
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started