Blueberry Broccoli Smoothie: Green Thickie
This blueberry and broccoli smoothie is packed full of cancer preventing superfoods.
You may find the taste of raw broccoli slightly more noticeable in this smoothie but it still has a lovely sweet aftertaste.
This is great for people who need a major energy boost and for getting greens into people who just won’t eat them in any other form.
This broccoli smoothie contains raw broccoli which is hard to tolerate when eaten in it’s natural state.
It is much better for you to eat your greens raw as the nutrients and antioxidants won’t be destroyed by the heat.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Benefits of this Broccoli Smoothie
Broccoli is very high in calcium and easily absorbed which is good for people on a dairy free diet to help prevent osteoporosis.
Broccoli has also been linked to providing health benefits for diabetes, malignant tumours, stomach, colon and lung cancers, heart disease, arthritis and it is said to be anti-aging.
What is even better is broccoli can be easily found in most shops.
This smoothie is extra filling and will keep you going for a long time, but if you prefer to take in less calories then cut the amount into 4 servings instead of 2 and cut the number of calories in half.Print
Blueberry Broccoli Smoothie: Cancer Preventing
This blueberry and broccoli smoothie is packed full of cancer preventing superfoods. Perfect way to get your raw broccoli bursting full of nutrients.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie Ingredients
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
Blend the ingredients in the following order:
- Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
- Blend the greens next for a short time (if using)
- Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a Green Thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
- Blending this way allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
How much should I drink to replace a meal?
- Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
- This Green Thickie serves 2 so you should DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
Suitable for Special Diets:
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
Keywords: broccoli smoothie
More information about making the perfect Green Thickie:
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
I know you may not have time to digest all this right now, so I wanted to give you a handy print out of this blog post so you can stick it on your fridge to help you on your journey to optimal health.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020