OK you might be thinking I’m a bit weird…
How can kale chips be sweet?
I thought the same as you before I made these chocolate caramel kale chips and I’ve got to tell you I was blown away.
I mean, if you’ve ever tried savory kale chips, you’ll know how deliciously moreish they are.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
But these sweet kale chips take things to a whole new level.
Along the same lines of green thickies, you can’t actually taste the kale at all.
All you can taste is delicious sweet chocolate caramel crunchiness.
Once you taste one of these sweet kale chips you won’t be able to stop.
If you’re wanting to get healthy this year without any of the guilt but you still want to indulge, this is the perfect offering for you.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
All you need to do for this recipe is strip your kale and cut into bite sized pieces.
Then you blend up the chocolate caramel sauce, and mix it with the kale.
Then you either bake it in the oven or use a dehydrator. I use a dehydrator as I get the best results and the kale chips stay crispier a lot longer in a sealed container.
Although not essential, these tools can really speed up this process and produce the tastiest kale chips on the planet.
Stripping your kale manually can take a while, so I use this kale stripper and my kale sheds it’s stalks in seconds.
And if you want to get yourself a dehydrator to make kale chips, soaked dehydrated nuts, fruit leathers and other gorgeous treats, this is the brand I recommend.
Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
If you would prefer to use the oven rather than a dehydrator, I recommend getting yourself a non stick silicone mat so you don’t get toxins from harmful baking trays in your food, and it make it so much easier to remove the food from a non stick mat. This is the mat I recommend.Print
Chocolate Caramel Kale Chips Recipe
These chocolate caramel kale chips might sound like a strange combination but they are going to blow you away with their deliciousness. Once you eat one of these, you will be making them all the time, I promise!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 (or 1 if you adore these as much as I do) 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blender, Oven, Dehydrator
- Cuisine: Snack
- Soak the cashew nuts overnight with 1 teaspoon of water. In the morning drain and rinse them with filtered water. (Optional but better for digestion and health)
- Wash the kale and use this kale stripper to remove the stalks quickly. Chop into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- In a large bowl massage or mix the chocolate caramel sauce into the kale chips. Make sure every inch of kale is coated with the sauce.
- If you are using a dehydrator, arrange the kale in a single layer on the sheets and dehydrate at 45 degrees for 24 hours or until crisp.
- If you are using an oven, arrange the kale on a baking tray on a non stick silicone mat like this and bake for about 15 minutes at 300F/150C. Flip over the kale chips and bake for 10 minutes more. Keep a close eye on the kale chips as they burn easily.
After my 10 months on a raw food diet and throwing an epic raw food party for a big crowd, I released my own raw food recipe book for parties. You can get that at a discount by clicking here.
And if you’re looking for more quick, delicious, and healthy meals you can set and forget or whizz up in minutes – AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT, check out The Leaf System.
The Leaf System is my signature weight loss system and you can get your first month completely FREE if you sign up this month.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020