OK you might be thinking I’m a bit weird…
How can kale chips be sweet?
I thought the same as you before I made these chocolate caramel kale chips and I’ve got to tell you I was blown away.
I mean, if you’ve ever tried savory kale chips, you’ll know how deliciously moreish they are.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
But these sweet kale chips take things to a whole new level.
Along the same lines of green thickies, you can’t actually taste the kale at all.
All you can taste is delicious sweet chocolate caramel crunchiness.
Once you taste one of these sweet kale chips you won’t be able to stop.
If you’re wanting to get healthy this year without any of the guilt but you still want to indulge, this is the perfect offering for you.
All you need to do for this recipe is strip your kale and cut into bite sized pieces.
Then you blend up the chocolate caramel sauce, and mix it with the kale.
Then you either bake it in the oven or use a dehydrator. I use a dehydrator as I get the best results and the kale chips stay crispier a lot longer in a sealed container.
Although not essential, these tools can really speed up this process and produce the tastiest kale chips on the planet.
Stripping your kale manually can take a while, so I use this kale stripper and my kale sheds it’s stalks in seconds.
And if you want to get yourself a dehydrator to make kale chips, soaked dehydrated nuts, fruit leathers and other gorgeous treats, this is the brand I recommend.
Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
If you would prefer to use the oven rather than a dehydrator, I recommend getting yourself a non stick silicone mat so you don’t get toxins from harmful baking trays in your food, and it make it so much easier to remove the food from a non stick mat. This is the mat I recommend.
Chocolate Caramel Kale Chips Recipe
- Soak the cashew nuts overnight with 1 teaspoon of water. In the morning drain and rinse them with filtered water. (Optional but better for digestion and health)
- Wash the kale and use this kale stripper to remove the stalks quickly. Chop into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- In a large bowl massage or mix the chocolate caramel sauce into the kale chips. Make sure every inch of kale is coated with the sauce.
- If you are using a dehydrator, arrange the kale in a single layer on the sheets and dehydrate at 45 degrees for 24 hours or until crisp.
- If you are using an oven, arrange the kale on a baking tray on a non stick silicone mat like this and bake for about 15 minutes at 300F/150C. Flip over the kale chips and bake for 10 minutes more. Keep a close eye on the kale chips as they burn easily.
After my 10 months on a raw food diet and throwing an epic raw food party for a big crowd, I released my own raw food recipe book for parties. You can get that at a discount by clicking here.
And if you’re looking for more quick, delicious, and healthy meals you can set and forget or whizz up in minutes – AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT, check out The Leaf System.
The Leaf System is my signature weight loss system and you can get your first month completely FREE if you sign up this month.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020