This Easy Black Forest Cake Smoothie can also be easily turned into a complete meal replacement if you include the optional extra healthy fillers such as oats.
You can also easily convert this smoothie into a protein shake by including the optional natural plant based protein such as nuts or seeds.
You can turn this recipe into a green smoothie by including the optional leafy greens in this recipe.
I have an amazing recipe for you today. This easy black forest cake smoothie is my favourite green thickie of all time. Once you taste it I’m sure it will make a regular appearance in your diet.
A lot of people have been asking me recently what I eat every day so I thought I’d list a sample of my daily diet:
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
A Green Thickie of course and a couple of slices of left over fruit that my baby leaves.
In the winter I have a big bowl of vegetable soup with some greens such as spinach added in once it’s in the bowl (to preserve the nutrients) and some rice cakes with some homemade hummus.
In the summer I have a large salad with whatever else is in the fridge piled on top of it. I might have some leftovers from the previous evening’s dinner, or some chopped vegetables or tofu. I also love to put fruit in my salad.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
I have just been given a slow cooker which is brilliant for getting dinner on the table at exactly the right time.
It doesn’t necessarily save me that much time as I still have to measure all the ingredients for the recipe. But it does guarantee that I put the dinner on when I have the most time which is in the morning, and I can forget about it then.
Usually I’m feeding my baby or popping out for a quick walk to ensure she gets some fresh air in the hour before dinner needs to be served.
The slow cooker also fills the house with a lovely smell of cooking.
I might have some kale chips, green smoothies, healthy ice cream, raw snack balls, healthy chia smoothies or just some rice cakes and hummus.
Occasionally I’ll make a raw chocolate pudding but I try and limit my cocoa as any caffeine really doesn’t agree with me these days.
I would really like to cut out my evening snacks altogether as I know they are mostly for a treat, not really for hunger and it’s better for your body to have a good long break from food between your evening meal and breakfast (when you Break-Fast) but I’m not quite at that stage yet.
I’ve gone a few evenings without a meal over the last few months though so I’m making progress.
This Easy Black Forest Cake Dessert Thickie is hands down the most gorgeous recipe I’ve ever tasted.
It’s my favourite recipe of all time, my husband also agreed it was his firm favourite and my baby showed me by downing it in one go that she also agreed.
If you only try one dessert thickie, try this one! Luxurious, dark and mysterious, this black forest treat is a clear winner.
I used raw ground vanilla which makes all the difference to the way this smoothie tastes.
I can’t taste the vanilla extract that I buy in my local supermarket and I taste more of the alcohol in it than the vanilla.
So once I tasted this ground vanilla I just couldn’t go back to regular vanilla.
Although it’s more expensive, you don’t need as much as it’s such a strong flavour, so hopefully it will last you longer.
Unless you become so addicted to the taste you have to literally add it to every smoothie.Print
Easy Black forest Cake Smoothie (Dessert Thickie)
This Easy Black forest Cake Smoothie is my all time favourite and I’m sure it will be yours too once you try it.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 Cups dairy free milk
- 1 Cup mangoes
- 2 Cups Black Forest Fruits: Frozen cherries, grapes, blackberries, blackcurrants. (You can use fresh if you like but it might be harder to find the ingredients and pit all the cherries) If you can’t find this combination, use whatever dark berries you can find.
- ½ Cup Raisins
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla (I use raw ground vanilla as the taste is beautiful)
- ¼ Cup Pecans
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: 1 Cup Spinach OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- Optional: 1 Cup Oats or one of the other 20 fillers
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes or frozen fruit to it (You may need to add more water as this will thicken it further).
See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
This recipe is a blended complete meal containing natural protein sources and leafy greens. If you’d like any more information about these topics, check out my complete guides below:
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020