This Hawaiian smoothie is naturally sweet so doesn’t need any additional sweeteners.
I found this recipe on the Girl In The Green Apron.
The original recipe included hemp oil but I prefer to include whole foods in my smoothies and save the oils for my salads when I will enjoy them much more. So I added hemp seeds but you could add any type of seeds you have.
My husband, baby and I are preparing for a visit to family in Scotland and England for 10 days so I’ve been busy trying to organise this trip.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Trying to organise travelling with a baby has involved much more thought and time than it used to with only the two of us, especially when she’s now eating solids, is a vegan and I’m trying to keep her eating healthy whole foods.
I’ve been wondering where will she eat, how will I prepare her foods, will she mess up other people’s houses? etc etc.
A holiday is no longer a holiday when you have children, it’s just taking your normal chores to someone else’s house!
Anyway, I’m really looking forward to seeing my family, some who have never met my baby.
I’m packing my blender so I can continue making green thickies for us all.
Usually I just eat unhealthily when I go away and feel tired and run down the whole time. This time I’m determined that me and my baby at least are going to eat healthily as normal and have as much energy as we normally do.
It’s also the first time I’ll be away from my vitamix, so I’ll be taking my old cheap blender (ah, how I remember the bottom falling out of that blender full of burning hot soup and scalding my hand. I know it was a stupid thing to do to put the soup in while it was still boiling, but while I was pregnant, I just wasn’t thinking straight and kept having very silly and quite serious accidents- I blame baby brain!)
Anyway, I’ve never attempted making green thickies in a cheaper blender so I’ll be in a much better position to know what works with other types of blenders when I return. I’ll let you know if it all worked out well when we get back.
It’s recipes like this Hawaiian Green Smoothie that are perfect for travelling as they just contain a few simple ingredients, nothing too fancy, nothing that can go too far wrong.
I’m just going to be making very simple recipes while I’m away with fruits that don’t require too much chopping or peeling.
How do you eat when you go away? Do you still carry on making green smoothies?
Hawaiian Smoothie: Green Smoothie of the Week (Green Thickie)
- 1 Cups Non Dairy Milk oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk
- 1 Cup Kale tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed (Or Spinach or any other mild greens) OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- 2 Cups Melon Cantaloupe, Galia or honeydew
- 3 Cups Pineapple
- 1 Banana fresh or frozen
- 1 Cup Oats use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet or oatmeal if you don’t have a powerful blender
- 2 Tablespoons Hemp Seeds (or ground flaxseeds if you don’t have a powerful blender.
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes or frozen fruit to it (You may need to add more water as this will thicken it further).
- Special Diets Gluten free, raw, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free, soya free, salt free, nut free
- See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
Please rate this Hawaiian Smoothie recipe and leave a comment. Help to spread the word about Green Thickies and share this recipe. Many thanks and blessings to you.
This Hawaiian Smoothie is a blended complete meal containing natural protein sources and leafy greens. If you’d like any more information about these topics, check out my complete guides below:
- The Ultimate Smoothie Blender Guide
- The Only Guide To Protein Shakes You’ll Ever Need
- Over 50 Spinach Recipes: The Complete Collection
- The Complete Guide To Green Smoothies
- The Essential Guide To Meal Replacement Shakes
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020