Would it help you eat more fruit if you knew how to ripen bananas faster?
A lot of people struggle to have bananas ripe and ready when they need them. They are often not ripe enough for eating, or the other extreme which is they have been left for so long they have gone bad.
I used to also have this problem.
And the key is knowing at what speed you can ripen your bananas and how to speed up the ripening process.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
So today I’m sharing with you how to ripen bananas super fast. It’s very easy!
You are going to feel so confident that you can now get organized with your banana ripening process and have healthy food at hand whenever you need it.
Continue reading to find out how to ripen bananas fast and easy…
How To Ripen Bananas Fast!
1. Using warmth
Store the bananas in a warm place in your house such as on top of the fridge, on a window ledge or in a boiler cupboard.
The perfect temperature for ripening bananas is 65–68ºF (18–20ºC). Use a thermometer to check the temperature of your room.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
2. Using humidity
Bananas like humidity. If your house is quite dry, try out one of the options below:
3. Using a paper bag
Place the bananas in a brown paper bag
4. Using a plastic bag
Place the bananas in a plastic bag. Make sure the plastic bag has some air holes in it or the fruit might go soft.
5. Using another fruit
Add another fruit to the bag such as an apple to release ethylene gas which is a natural gas contained in the fruit that triggers ripening. Use the ripest fruit you have.
*Note: Check the bananas every day. The bananas will usually ripen within 2 days but may take longer if they are very green to start with.
How To Ripen Bananas Even Faster (Within 1 Day or 1 Hour)
It is much better for your health to wait until bananas are truly ripened before eating them.
But if you just can’t wait, here are 2 ways to speed up the ripening process even more quickly.
1. You can use a dehydrator
This gently warms up the banana making it ripen much more quickly.
- Leave the skin on your banana and place on a dehydrator sheet.
- Dehydrate at 45C/115F for up to 24 hours.
- Check your banana and feel how soft it is after 6 hours as that might be long enough depending on how yellow your banana was to start with.
2. You can use an oven
If you really can’t wait for a ripe banana and you’re not as concerned with lost nutrients, you can bake your banana in the oven.
Being a raw foodist this is not something I would choose to do, but if I didn’t have any ripe fruit around me, I certainly would do this.
- Put your oven on the lowest temperature it goes to which might be around 77C/170F and place the unpeeled bananas on a nonslip baking mat.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. The skin will go black.
- Check on them after 15 minutes to see if they are ripe enough.
- The banana will be mushy but they will be perfect for banana bread, banana pudding or a banana smoothie.
Banana Peanut Butter Green Thickie
Here is a delicious banana smoothie recipe to make with your ripe bananas.
I’ve shared 7 ways to ripen your bananas more quickly. Just to recap, these are:
- Place in a warm place
- Increase the humidity
- Place in a brown paper bag
- Place in a plastic bag
- Add fruits to the bag or place next to ripe fruits
- Dehydrate for up to 24 hours
- Last resort: Oven bake on the lowest setting for about 20 minutes
FREE Recipe Book To Help You Lead A Magical Life Of Fruit
What do you get in the 5 Magical Fruit Recipes book?
- The 5 basic Magical Fruit recipes that you can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner…
- Get the meals I used to help me recover from Chronic Fatigue and drop 56 pounds in just a few months…
- Learn how to work with the equipment you’ve got, no need for expensive blenders. I’ll show you how…
Related Resources You Will Love
Here are all the most popular resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- Over 200 Fruit Recipes: Complete Guide To Fruit
- 21 Lowest Calorie Fruits For Weight Loss List
- 10 Awesome New Ways To Eat More Fruits For Health
- Is Sugar And Fruit Bad For Us? (I Reveal The Truth)
- 10 Best Fruit Based Meals (Raw Vegan)
- FREE Weight Loss Green Smoothie Recipe Card
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use Discount Code to get 50% off: BLOG (Add discount code BLOG at the checkout)
Click here to get started