This is the start of a new blog series where I answer all your questions.
Thank you so much for all your emails. I have been trying to reply to all your emails but the more emails I get the more impossible it gets to reply to them all, so I’ve decided I’m going to regularly do these ‘Your Questions Answered’ posts to answer your questions here.
A lot of people ask the same types of questions so it will be good to find the answers to common questions all in one place.
I’d love to know if you have any questions for me. Submit your questions using the form further down this post.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
And now for my first question of the day, that was asked by Christi. She asks:
Q: What do the greens do for the drink? (I have to keep my Vitamin K levels low so can’t eat many greens)
A: Not all diets are suitable for everybody. Some of us will have food allergies or intolerances that prevent us eating foods that others believe are healthy.
So Christi, if you know a certain food doesn’t agree with you, I would suggest that you avoid it, but bring your whole diet back to basics adding more fruit, vegetables and other healthy food to your diet. Eat simply for a while, increasing the amount of raw food for nutrients and after a while and you may find you can tolerate more foods such as greens in your diet again in the future.
But if you know you can’t eat many greens, there are still some benefits in eating them, even if it’s just a small amount at the moment.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Greens have nutrients that are very highly concentrated for very few calories. That means you can get extremely healthy, lose loads of weight and eat big portions of food when you eat a large amount of greens in your diet.
I adore bulking my main meals out with a massive salad so it lasts for longer and my stomach feels lovely and full.
And as you know, I enjoy cramming as many nutrients as possible into my Green Thickies which helps me to feel full of energy each and every day.
Here are some nutrients that you can get from leafy greens:
- Magnesium: This is very highly supplemented and is needed for energy. But increase your leafy green intake and you may find you don’t have to supplement any more.
- Calcium: This is needed to help keep bones strong. There is some debate about where to get our calcium from, but nobody is denying that we definitely need it. People often forget to supplement calcium but if they eat enough leafy greens they can definitely get enough of this mineral.
- Potassium: We need potassium to help our muscles to contract and relax, and for our nerves to transmit their impulses. Another good source of potassium is fruit.
- Manganese: Good for preventing strokes. Sounds like a good reason to eat leafy greens to me.
- Folate: This helps prevent heart disease. Leafy greens contain a good amount of folate which is essential for us all.
- Betaine: This helps to maintain liver health and is found in high numbers in spinach.
Of course to cover your bases you may want to take a Vitamin tablet or make sure you track all your nutrients on a website such as cronometer. I think using cronometer may be very useful for you Christy as you are limited to the amount of greens you can eat. This means you can find alternative sources of nutrients more easily.
Now if some of you are wondering what types of leafy greens to eat you can read my 10 Best Greens for Green Smoothies.
Thanks again for your interesting question Christy. I’m sure others will have benefited from you asking this.
If like Christy you have a burning question you’d like me to answer, pop it in the box below and see an answer to your question appear on a future ‘Your Questions Answered’ post.
(If you ask a question you agree to have your question reprinted on this website and receive Green Thickies FREE e-course and email updates. I will never share your email address with anyone else.)
If you have already subscribed to my email list, you can just reply to one of my emails with your question.
Do you feel better when you eat greens? (You can answer in the comments below)
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020