Losing weight, specifically losing fat can be a battle, but there is a way of eating that can help you lose fat and build lean muscle as well as giving you more energy.
Intermittent fasting is not a diet. It’s a way of eating and it’s not about how much you eat but when you eat!
Fasting can seem a little scary to some but with intermittent fasting you never go a whole 24 hours without eating.
A typical day might be something like this; First meal around 1-2 pm snack at 5-6pm and Second meal around 8-9pm. You can time your meals however you like but the idea is to go about 16 hours without eating.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
When you fast your goal is to get as many calories as you would normally but just in a shorter period of time.
You will build lean muscle and most likely have to work out less too.
Intermittent fasting should not be done if you are diabetic/hypoglycemic, pregnant or nursing.
So how does it work?
“One of the mechanisms that makes fasting so effective for weight loss is the fact that it provokes the secretion of human growth hormone (HGH), which is a fat-burning hormone. It also plays an important role in muscle building. Fasting also increases catecholamines, which increases resting energy expenditure, while decreasing insulin levels, which allows stored fat to be burned for fuel. Together, these and other factors will turn you into an effective fat-burning machine.” Dr. Mercola
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
The benefits of intermittent fasting are numerous!
- Extends your lifespan. In 1945 scientists discovered that intermittent fasting extended life in mice. (Here’s the study.)
- Makes life a little more simple. Cooking healthy food takes a lot of time and planning. When you skip a whole meal you save that time for other things.
- Possible cancer fighting benefits. “This one is up for debate because there hasn’t been a lot of research and experimentation done on the relationship between cancer and fasting. Early reports, however, look positive.
This study of 10 cancer patients suggests that the side effects of chemotherapy may be diminished by fasting before treatment. This finding is also supported by another study which used alternate day fasting with cancer patients and concluded that fasting before chemotherapy would result in better cure rates and fewer deaths.
Finally, this comprehensive analysis of many studies on fasting and disease has concluded that fasting appears to not only reduce the risk of cancer, but also cardiovascular disease.” James Clear
- It’s easier than dieting. Dieting or cutting calories can leave you hungry. Intermittent fasting can be a challenge in the beginning if you are used to eating many meals throughout a day, once you get used to the idea of skipping a meal you will find it much easier than your typical diet.
Intermittent Fasting Tips-
- Plan ahead. Plan what you will eat so you have fresh, healthy organic food available when it’s time to eat.
- Cook in advance if you are busy. Don’t risk having to stop for unhealthy food because you didn’t plan.
- Make a schedule and stick to it. Did you know that eating 3 square meals a day is very American. That’s right, other cultures don’t do that. Some eat only once a day and some eat up to six times a day. How we eat is very much about what we are taught is the right way. That’s why getting past the idea that fasting or going without food for periods of time be potentially harmful is one of the biggest challenges.
- Remember to not go hungry during your eating hours. You will be surprised how much energy you will have in the morning when you wake up if you have a big dinner the night before.
What can I expect the Intermittent Fasting Results to be?-
You can expect to shed pounds of fat and build lean muscle.
You can also expect your friends to ask lots of questions. #
Won’t it be great to finally lose the weight and get to achieve your health goals!
Intermittent Fasting Diet Plans
Intermittent Fasting articles
Does intermittent fasting work?
FREE Green Smoothie Online ClassI lost 56 pounds in a few months with my Green Smoothie Detox. This video shows you how you can do the same. Take my 28 day challenge to drop a whole dress size in one month following this easy plan. Best of all, you'll barely spend any time in the kitchen, and you can even eat on the go if you need to. This detox only contains natural ingredients you can buy locally. These meals are very simple and quick to make, and they still taste delicious. Click here to Watch my FREE video today. (No opt in required)
I Lost Weight: Chris Simpson Wanted To Be There For His Son And Lost Nearly 100 Pounds
Intermittent Fasting: A Healthy Choice
Pin this by clicking here:
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020
Leave a Reply