I am continuing to share what I’m eating to lose 33 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy ideal weight. I am going to share my weekly food intake with you once a week until I reach my ideal weight again. You can read what I ate last week to see how I lost a massive 5lbs!
What I Ate Weekly is an extension of the popular What I ate Wednesday which is an event run by Peas & Crayons blog, where people share what they ate in one day of the week. Now I’m taking that one step further and showing you what I ate for the whole week!
The third week on my new diet
- Date: 23 July
- Start weight: 150 pounds (10 stones, 10 lbs, 68KG). This may not seem that heavy to you but for my small height of 5 ft 3 it puts me into the overweight category.
- Weight on weigh in day: 142 pounds (10 stones, 2 lbs, 64KG)
- Goal weight: 117 pounds (8 stones 5 lbs, 53 KG) This is the weight that I naturally seem to end up at when I remain eating healthily for a long time. I’ve been this weight before both pregnancies and it’s still well within my healthy range.
- Weight loss this week: 1lb. After sticking to my diet 100% last week and managing to lose 5lbs, I knew that kind of progress couldn’t continue. After initial water weight loss we can expect to healthily lose 1-2lbs a week so I knew I would be happy as long as the scales kept going down. I would have been happier with 2lbs this week but I did indulge again at the weekend so I’m pleased I actually lost anything at all!
- Total weight loss: 8lbs. I’m really pleased with my progress and it’s a great feeling that now I only have 25 more pounds to lose.
- Health improvements: This week I’ve been feeling pretty good. My digestion has massively improved and I haven’t had any stomach aches at all this week which I usually get when I’m run down and exhausted.
- Exercise taken: Just more short walks with my heavy double buggy. I’ve been thinking of starting some workout dvds but haven’t quite got around to it yet.
All the food I ate this week:
This week I’ve been testing more of the recipes for my new ebook again. I’ve finished my ebook now and the diet is currently with my testers. (Thank you everyone who applied) and I’ll be testing my plan for the next few weeks to check the recipes work, see if I lose weight and feel more healthy. I can’t wait to share my final book with you when it finally goes on sale, but in the meantime you can have a look at some of the recipes I ate this week. I’m not selling my ebook just yet but if you want to read more about it you can read all about my Green Thickies 7 Day Diet Plan here. So far smoothies for weight loss are continuing to work extremely well for me.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
I start my week on a Tuesday as I get my shopping on Monday and prepare my food for the following day. This is everything I ate this week:
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Waldorf salad green thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch.
Dinner: Speedy Hummus and Mango Salad Wrap: I just love how quick this meal is, no cooking required!
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Breakfast and Lunch: Another serving of Waldorf salad green thickie for breakfast and another serving for lunch
Dinner: Another serving of my Speedy Hummus and Mango Salad Wrap:
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Lemon Meringue Pie green thickie for breakfast and another serving for lunch. This is another popular smoothie that people seem to want to eat for every single breakfast from now on.
Dinner: Pesto & Spinach Pasta with Toasted Pinenuts. This is pesto with a twist as it has no cheese and no oil in it. I think I actually prefer my healthy vegan version of pesto.
Breakfast and Lunch: Another serving of Lemon Meringue Pie green thickie for breakfast and another serving for lunch
Dinner: Another serving of my Pesto & Spinach Pasta with Toasted Pinenuts
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Chocolate Orange green thickie for breakfast and another serving for lunch
Dinner: It was our anniversary so we decided to get a chinese takeaway. Not ideal but I really enjoyed it! I always split my takeaways into two meals which is good as I don’t eat so much in one meal, but it does mean I have two days where I’m not eating healthy food for dinner. I got Kung Po Beancurd (tofu) with noodles and crispy seaweed. This is one of my favourite meals and I really need to find a healthy recipe so I can make it myself! I managed to not go crazy and pig out on more food after I’d finished my dinner like I normally would. Holding myself accountable in this way is really helping me not overindulge in my food as I know I’m going to have to blog about it the following week.
Breakfast and Lunch: Another serving of Chocolate Orange green thickie for breakfast and another serving for lunch
Dinner: Another portion of my chinese takeaway left over from last night.
Breakfast and Lunch: Another serving of Mango and Apple green thickie for breakfast and another serving for lunch
Dinner: Orange Balsamic Roasted Vegetables & Potatoes with Bean Hash. I can’t believe how many great flavours there are in this meal and how easy it is to roast vegetables and potatoes without any oil!
I am getting some positive and very useful feedback back from the testers of my ebook so I’m very excited that other people are also able to follow the diet and get some great results. I can’t wait to share it with you!
I have also decided that to motivate myself even further and help others at the same time, I am going to donate some money to charity when I lose weight. For every 2 pounds that I lose I’m going to donate enough money (£10.70) to feed a child for a whole year. I’ll be thinking about these hungry children when I’m tempted to overindulge in something unhealthy. I’m going to support Mary’s Meals which is set up by Martha who is a school girl who blogged about her school dinnersand became so popular that she was able to raise a fortune for charity. It actually takes very little to feed one child for a whole year so I’m going to commit to that from now on. You can have a look at Mary’s meals and donate here too.
- You can read how I lost my weight previously with green smoothies:
- How I lost 56 Pounds with the Green Smoothie Diet
- Sun Dream Orange and Banana Smoothie and my weight loss progress
- How I lost 5 pounds and dropped a dress size in 7 days: My Green Thickie Challenge (Pt 2)
- Introducing What I ate Weekly #1: How I lost 2 pounds this week
- What I ate Weekly 2: How I lost 5 pounds this week
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020