Fresh Fig Smoothie with Ginger
The Challenge starts today
If you can get access to fresh figs they work really well in a smoothie. If you don’t like your smoothies too sweet this is a great smoothie for you. The figs paired with the ginger make a great combination.
Fresh fig smoothie with ginger
Our figs here can be very hit and miss. Occassionally I’ll get a gorgeous fig that tastes amazing and I think ‘This is what figs are supposed to taste like’ but most of the time they are tasteless and have been picked unripe. Even though the box says ‘ripe and ready’ on it, it very rarely is the case.
The problem with figs is that they don’t ripen once they’ve been picked, so if someone has decided the fig is ready to be picked and it’s not really ripe, you’ve got yourself an unripe tasteless fig!
So the taste of this smoothie will depend on your access to tasty ripe sweet figs. The sweeter the figs, the better the taste of the smoothie.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
The figs I used to create this smoothie weren’t actually the best so I added in some sweetener in the form of dates, and despite this the smoothie is still not overly sweet, but it made a change from the very sweet smoothies I usually makes.
If you need to sweeten your smoothie up further if you’ve used unripe figs you can add more dried fruit or banana. If you want it extra creamy you can include milk rather than water, but figs make a smoothie extremely thick so you’ll probably need to include more milk than you would do water.
The original smoothie was created by the Purely Twins. They used frozen figs which would make this smoothie beautiful and refreshing. If you don’t use any frozen ingredients you can leave this to cool down in the fridge but bear in mind, the longer this smoothie is left the thicker it will get. So you might end up with a pudding rather than a smoothie which wouldn’t be a bad thing. You just need to eat it with a bowl and spoon.
Feel free to water it down if it’s too thick for you.
The purely twins also added basil to their smoothie but I chose to leave that out. However if you’re a big fan of basil, feel free to give it an aromatic twist with some basil.
Benefits of figs
Figs are full of fibre so they are a good way to lose weight as they will keep you fuller for longer and they are great for your digestion and keeping you regular.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
If you can only get hold of dried figs you may enjoy this Fig Pie Dessert Smoothie which is very sweet and filling, and also very thick!
NEWS: The Challenge starts today!
The 7 day Green Smoothie challenge starts today and we’ve had a good few more participants signing up for it so welcome everyone. If you want to find out more about the challenge you can read about it here and here.
If you want to start the challenge yourself it’s never too late. Just do it in your own time and I’ll be here to support you if you need it.
I can’t wait to hear about everyone’s experiences on the challenge. I’ll do another follow up post next week where I’ll let you know how I got on this time, and in the meantime follow me on facebook where I’ll share daily updates about how my challenge is going and you can let me know how yours is going too. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Are you a fan of figs? What do the figs taste like where you live? Do you ever use them in other recipes?
[tweetherder]This fresh fig smoothie with ginger is perfect for fall. [/tweetherder]
Fresh Fig Smoothie with Ginger Green Thickie
This fresh fig smoothie isn’t overly sweet but it depends on how ripe your figs are. The added ginger gives it a lovely edge.
- Prep Time: 2 Minutes
- Total Time: 2 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 3 Cups Water (If you are drinking this straight away substitute one cup of water for ice)
- 1 Cup Spinach, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed. (Or any other mild greens)OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseeds (or any other seeds).
- 3 Dates (I used mejool dates. Or any other dried fruit which can also be pre-soaked for a smoother blend)
- 1 Cup Oats Or one cup of Quinoa
- 2 Cups Figs (8 medium figs)
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients. This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- The calories shown are for half of the ingredients listed as this smoothie serves 2.
- If you want less calories add less oats.
- Serving Size: 500 ml/ 1 pint/ 20 oz
- Calories: 448
- Sugar: 57g
- Sodium: 45mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 96g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 10g
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020