How to eat a mango?
I know it’s easy to eat a mango when it’s all chopped up in nice little chunks for you already.
But I want to empower you to prepare your own mangoes, as they are SO much nicer than 2 day old unripe pre-packaged mangoes.
And they are cheaper and way better for your health too, as all of the nutrients are already intact.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
There are actually 4 different ways you can eat a mango, and I’ve recorded all 4 of them in this video today to help you make your own mango magic.
Which one is your favorite?
And I’m not just going to show you one method, I am going to show you four different ways to eat this delicious fruit.
So let’s go and make some magic with fruit!
1. Mango Bowl & Spoon
- Cut off the cheeks of the mango individually.
- Then simply take a spoon and dig into the flesh, make little circles with the spoon and scoop out the flesh.
- Now just enjoy it like that! Do the same again, just keep scooping and eating the mango.
You can do the same with the side pieces of the mango as well. Just take your spoon and then slide it into the skin. The flesh comes off really easily.
It’s actually easier to use a spoon than it is to use a knife and is also safer because don’t risk hurting yourself.
2. Cross Peel
This is another great way to eat a mango.
For this method, you can either use your fingers or a knife.
Using Your Fingers
If you’re out to the about and you just want to eat a mango but you don’t have any way to chop it? Then you can use your fingers!
- Just dig your nails in and then peel off the skin.
Using A Knife
Suppose you’re at home and you just want to give mangoes to your kids, this is a fantastic method!
- Slice crosses on the top of the mango.
- Then you can peel (rip) the skin down halfway, not all the way down
- Give it to your kids like that, so that they can hold it from the bottom and eat from the top.
- And they can peel the skin a bit further as they eat downwards.
- Or peel of the entire skin in one go if you want to!
It’s actually quite easy. In really ripe mangoes the skin comes off really, really easily this way. You don’t even need a peeler or a knife, only use your bare hands to rip off the skin.
3. Wacky Wedges
- Take your mango and cut down lengthwise from top to bottom with the skin still on.
- Then move over a little bit, about half an inch, and cut lengthwise again creating a wedge.
- Do this all the way around, cutting to create big wedges out of your mango until you get back to where you started from.
- Then simply pull apart the wedges leaving the pit.
- There you go, now you just take a wedge and enjoy it!
This is such a beautiful way to present a mango. And makes eating your mango very easy, just like eating a watermelon.
4. Slice & Scoop
Finally, I’m going to show you a tool that makes eating a mango very, very fast. This would take you seconds, especially once you’ve had some practice and if you’re in a rush, you don’t have much time to waste.
- Get your mango and slice off the cheeks very quickly.
- Then get your mango tool (which has these little ridges in it) and simply dig it into the flesh of the cheek.
- Drag the tool through the flesh.
- This scoops and slices the mango so you can just place that in a bowl and eat it!
It’s a very, very quick way to eat a mango.
As you can see, it took me seconds!
And this tool can also be used for other fruit as well, like avocado and also papaya. I like to eat mango and papaya at the same time in a bowl. I think the combination is just beautiful.
19 Ways Fruit Makes Your Healthier
FREE Recipe Book To Help You Lead A Magical Life Of Fruit
What do you get in the 5 Magical Fruit Recipes book?
- The 5 basic Magical Fruit recipes that you can eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner…
- Get the meals I used to help me recover from Chronic Fatigue and drop 56 pounds in just a few months…
- Learn how to work with the equipment you’ve got, no need for expensive blenders. I’ll show you how…
Related Resources You Will Love
Here are all the most popular resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- Over 200 Fruit Recipes: Complete Guide To Fruit
- 21 Lowest Calorie Fruits For Weight Loss List
- 10 Awesome New Ways To Eat More Fruits For Health
- Is Sugar And Fruit Bad For Us? (I Reveal The Truth)
- 10 Best Fruit Based Meals (Raw Vegan)
- FREE Weight Loss Green Smoothie Recipe Card
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020