Here are the healthiest smoothie protein sources including whole foods and natural vegan protein powders to help you create a healthy balanced smoothie meal.
Most protein powders contain harmful fillers, additives and artificial sweeteners that have been linked to diseases.
My passion is to promote healthy eating and as someone who has had debilitating health conditions myself, I have no desire to go back to that state of poor health again.
So what I put into my body is my number one priority.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Any products I recommend contain only health-promoting ingredients and no harmful toxins or damaging chemicals.
It is very important to make smoothies a complete meal, and that means making sure you’ve got enough protein in each meal you eat. Protein isn’t the only nutrient we need in our smoothies, but this post is only focusing on protein sources.
For other smoothie ingredient recommendations, see my list at the bottom of this post.
37 Healthiest Smoothie Protein Powders & Whole Food Protein Sources
1) Sunwarrior – Vegan Protein Powder With Peas & Brown Rice, Raw Organic Plant-Based
- Perfect for those seeking to fuel an active life with effective nutrition.
- Packed with superfoods, quinoa, brown rice, pea, amaranth, and chia.
- Free of soy, gluten, GMOs, sugar, and gluten.
- Organic, raw and vegan and sprouted.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
2) Sacha Inchi Protein Powder
- Sacha Inchi is a great plant source of protein providing the crucial amino acids that our bodies need for numerous functions.
- Provides complete protein and fiber and contains antioxidants, magnesium, potassium & calcium.
3) Just Hemp, Hemp Protein Plus Fiber
- This is a pure plant-based protein powder.
- Free of gluten, soy, and lactose.
- Rich in amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
4) Sano Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
- Non-dairy and free of soy, whey, sugar, GMOs and artificial ingredients.
- Suitable for paleo, keto, dairy-free, or low carb diets.
- Packed with organic ingredients such as vanilla, cacao powder, hemp, pink Himalayan salt, pea protein, goji berries, flaxseed, and cinnamon bark.
- This sugar-free drink supplement is sweetened with stevia leaf extract, for added flavor, with no extra calories.
5) Naked Nutrition Pb Peanut Butter Protein Powder
- This is an excellent source of low-fat protein for vegans.
- No added salt or sugar.
- Free from GMO, dairy, soy, and preservatives.
6) Naked Pea Protein Powder
- This is made solely from raw yellow peas and is dairy-free.
- This contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO-free, soy-free and gluten-free.
7) Naked Organic Brown Rice Protein Powder
- This contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO-free, soy-free and gluten-free.
- This is is an excellent source of plant-based protein powder for those on a vegan diet.
8) Green Thickies Homemade Protein Powder
This Homemade Hunger Buster Smoothie Powder Mix Recipe will turn your smoothie into a complete filling meal.
Lentils are a good source of fiber, they are fat-free and can be a key source of protein for vegetarian and vegan diets.
10) Garbanzo/ Chickpeas
Garbanzo beans are rich in protein, folate, fiber, iron, phosphorus and polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids.
11) Black Beans
- Naturally fat-free.
- Low sodium content and no sugar or salt added.
- Quinoa provides plenty of fiber and protein and helps to satisfy hunger and curb cravings.
- It provides a complete range of essential and non-essential amino acids, helping to maintain lean muscle mass and support enzyme production for everyday health.
- In addition to iron, quinoa contains other essential minerals such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and is a high source of manganese.
13) Spirulina Powder
- Hawaiian grown spirulina uses vegan mined nitrates & no pesticides, herbicides, or GMO’s, producing clean, high-quality spirulina
- Is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and contains some of the highest levels of protein of any plant or animal source.
- Boosts energy and immunity.
14) Green Peas
- Green peas are one of the most nutritious leguminous vegetables, rich in health benefiting phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants.
- Peas are relatively low in calories in comparison with beans, and cow-peas.
- A solid source of fiber that helps keep you full.
- Free from artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- No added sugar or trans fat.
- Almonds contain a lot of nutrients and an abundance of antioxidants.
- A good source of vitamin E, healthy fats, protein and fiber and low in carbs.
17) Pumpkin Seeds
- Abundant sources of zinc and magnesium.
- Has immune-boosting properties.
- Helps lower cholesterol in the blood and reduces the risk of heart disease.
18) Chia Seeds
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, iron and antioxidants.
- Gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, raw, low-carb and paleo-friendly.
- Amaranth is high in fiber and iron.
- It contains all the essential amino acids, which is rare among plants.
20) Hemp Milk
- Spinach is packed with iron and vitamins A and C.
- Tastes very mild so your smoothie stays sweet.
- Broccoli is a good source of vitamin K and C and folate.
- It also contains potassium and fiber.
- It is low in calories.
23) Black-eyed Peas
- Rich source of protein and iron.
- Rich in vitamin A.
- They contain digestion-friendly fiber.
- High in folate.
- Low in calories and fat.
- Cabbage is a low-calorie vegetable that is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Cabbage is a good source of soluble fiber and plant sterols.
Kale is an excellent source of the antioxidant Vitamins A and C.
- An excellent source of Vitamin C.
- Fat-free and low sodium.
27) Collard Greens
- Collard greens are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Collard greens are excellent ways of adding the right nutrition to your diet, as it contains protein and fiber which is essential for cellular regeneration.
28) Soya Beans
- Soya beans are high in protein, vitamin C and folate and are low in saturated fat.
- Also a good source of fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and thiamin.
- Perfect for making dairy-free soy milk or tofu to add to your smoothies.
29) Edamame Beans
- Edamame beans are soybeans harvested early when they are young.
- Edamame is naturally gluten-free and low in calories and doesn’t contain cholesterol.
- A good source of protein, iron and calcium.
30) Split Peas
Split peas contain protein, iron, zinc and phosphorus.
31) Pinto Beans
Pinto beans are an excellent source of protein, dietary fiber and iron and are also low in fat.
32) Navy Beans
33) Mung Beans
- Mung Beans are a prime source of many B vitamins, especially folate.
- They are also exceptionally rich in zinc, as well as magnesium and manganese.
34) Kidney Beans
35) Cannellini Beans
- Low in cholesterol, sodium and saturated fat.
- Very good source of dietary fiber.
- Rich in calcium, iron and magnesium.
- These organic beans can be sprouted.
36) Lima Beans/ Butter Beans
Lima beans are an excellent source of protein, and also provides a rich supply of dietary fiber and iron.
37) Vegan Protein Powder
- All in one plant-based vegan protein powder made from real, whole-food ingredients.
- Non-GMO, vegan, low glycemic, gluten-free, and made without dairy, whey or soy ingredients.
Here are all the healthiest smoothie protein powders and protein sources at a glance.
- Sunwarrior – Vegan Protein Powder With Peas & Brown Rice, Raw Organic Plant Based
- Sacha Inchi Protein Powder
- Just Hemp, Hemp Protein Plus Fiber
- Sano Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
- Naked Nutrition Pb Peanut Butter Protein Powder
- Naked Pea Protein Powder
- Naked Organic Brown Rice Protein Powder
- Green Thickies Homemade Protein Powder
- Garbanzo/ Chickpeas
- Black Beans
- Spirulina Powder
- Green Peas
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Hemp Milk
- Black-eyed Peas
- Collard Greens
- Soya Beans
- Edamame Beans
- Split Peas
- Pinto Beans
- Navy Beans
- Mung Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Cannellini Beans
- Lima Beans/ Butter Beans
- Vegan Protein Powder
Making sure you have enough protein in your smoothies is very important so your smoothies are balanced meals.
Which is your favorite protein source to add to your smoothies?
Natural Protein Shake Recipe Card
Did you know most protein powders will harm your health and stop you from losing weight?
That’s why I created this all-natural protein shake recipe so you can get the protein you need in an all-natural form.
Why is this natural protein shake so good for you?
- It’s full of real food that is GREAT for your health.
- It doesn’t contain any nasty chemicals, preservatives or toxins.
- It is dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, Paleo and free from lots of allergens with a nut-free option.
- It is a tasty complete meal and will keep you going until lunchtime.
Related Resources You Will Love
Here are all the most popular resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- 16 Best Smoothie Storage Solutions: My Smoothie Station Ideas
- 16 Best Reusable Smoothie Straws To Save Your Teeth… And The Planet
- 5 Best Smoothie Recipe Books, Meal Plans & Detoxes For Fast Weight Loss
- 200+ Smoothie Ingredients Shopping List Printable
- 49 Must Have Smoothie Superfoods For Noticeable Results
- FREE Weight Loss Smoothie Recipe Card
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 10 Extraordinary Banana Nutrition Facts - September 1, 2020
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020