These smoothie superfoods are add-in smoothie ingredients that will transform your health, help you get your energy back and lose weight.
After experimenting with different daily smoothie recipes for over 10 years now, I can tell you something interesting that I’ve noticed.
Superfoods do make a difference.
When I first started my blog, I really thought you could get great health just from eating clean healthy food and not using any supplements.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
And in an ideal world, that is true.
But none of us live in an ideal world. We live in a world where we have inherited poor genes from our ancestors, we’ve eaten a diet full of processed chemicals most of our lives and we are bombarded by environmental toxins on a second by second basis.
Coupled with the fact that we’re all stressed out, rushed off our feet, emotionally drained and constantly dealing with the ups and downs of living this life.
No wonder, we need a little extra support.
I love to experiment with my smoothies and add superfoods that have constantly worked for me over the years.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Here are all my favorite smoothie superfoods that I have really noticed a difference after using and I keep consistently using.
Also, please bear in mind that some of these superfoods don’t taste very nice. So here’s what I do when trying a new superfood.
I add the powder to a glass and stir in a tiny bit of water and drink it down in one go.
If it tastes awful, I continue to consume it in this way every morning. But if it tastes bearable, I add it to my smoothie.
I wouldn’t want you ruining your delicious smoothie because you added in some powerful tasting superfood to it.
49 Must Have Smoothie Superfoods For Noticeable Results
1) Cacao Butter
- Gluten-free and Vegan
- Abundant sources of zinc and magnesium.
- Has immune-boosting properties.
- Helps lower cholesterol in the blood and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Maca is a root vegetable that contains many vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
- Perfect to make sweet snacks.
- Ideal to sweeten nut milk.
- Perfect substitute for sugar.
- Dates are nutrient-dense and full of minerals, vitamins, and health-benefiting phytonutrients.
- Easy to digest and obtain full use of the nutrients.
- One of the best sources of vitamin E, tocopherols and tocotrienols.
- Also contains healthy fats and minerals.
- A powerful herb used for thousands of years for its restorative and rejuvenating benefits.
- Can help alleviate stress, anxiety, fatigue, low energy, insomnia and concentration difficulties.
- Antioxidant-rich South American superfruit
- Perfect for morning smoothies and yogurt bowls
A good source of healthy fats, protein, fiber and selenium.
- Nourishes the skin and promotes healthy aging.
- Helps curb sugar cravings naturally. Suitable for diabetics.
- Are a rich source of beta-carotene and zeaxanthin which supports healthy eye development, improving overall vision and cellular health.
- A rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Helps in rejuvenating your body.
- High in Fiber.
Rich in omega 6 fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants and protein.
- Use as a replacement for cocoa powder or chocolate in your smoothies and other recipes.
- Fat-free and caffeine-free.
- Gluten-free and dairy-free.
- Rich in nutrients and fat.
- Low carb.
This comes from the potent juice of an energy-rich grass that cleanses, detoxifies, nourishes, and heals.
- Rich in fiber & omega fatty acids.
- May aid with digestion, cholesterol, diet & weight loss, & more.
- Does not contain any MSG, Soy, Gluten, Dairy, or anti-caking agents.
- Rich in trace minerals – including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron.
- Re-mineralizes the body with minerals and trace elements essential to your health and wellbeing.
- Contains a wide range of antioxidants and other phytonutrients.
- A good source of vitamin C.
Loaded with all essential amino acids, rich in fatty acids, all vitamins, enzyme, dietary fiber and flavonoids.
Coconut flakes have all of the healthful benefits and nourishing fats of coconut oil with additional dietary fiber and protein.
- A rich source of dietary fiber, antioxidants, carotenoids, vitamin A, polyphenols.
- No sulfur and preservatives.
- Packed with curcumin, a strong antioxidant with powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Supports joint health, a strong digestive system and natural healing.
- Lion’s Mane is an edible mushroom that has been used in traditional Chinese Medicine for its powerful cognitive-boosting abilities.
- Has an earthy and savory flavor.
Contains an abundance of beneficial, healthy fats.
- The best part about baobab is that it is a sustainable superfood, making it an eco-friendly, low-glycemic source of nutrition.
- Has more antioxidants per serving than blueberries, goji, acai or pomegranate.
- Has vitamin C, fiber and electrolytes.
- Walnuts are an excellent source of antioxidants, unsaturated fats, fiber, protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and vitamin E.
- Low calorie and sodium-free.
26) Spirulina Powder
- Hawaiian grown spirulina uses vegan mined nitrates & no pesticides, herbicides, or GMO’s, producing clean, high-quality spirulina
- Is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and contains some of the highest levels of protein of any plant or animal source.
- Boosts energy and immunity.
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, iron and antioxidants.
- Gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, raw, low-carb and paleo-friendly
- A rich source of antioxidants, dietary fiber, vitamins including beta-carotene, niacin and minerals.
- A delightful, low-sugar sweetener.
A healthy sweetener. Naturally low on the Glycemic Index, it won’t cause your blood sugar to spike.
Nutritionally packed with anti-inflammatory bioflavonoids, vitamins A and C, and protein.
Noni Powder is a potent source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and polysaccharides, such as Noni-ppt, which has been found to support healthy cellular tissue growth and strengthen the immune system.
Moringa leaf powder contains over 20 types of essential amino acids, vitamins and trace minerals. And also is rich in potassium, calcium, and iron.
Maqui berry is one of the most antioxidant-rich foods in the world.
- Assist in natural internal cleansing.
- A natural antioxidant that nourishes and rejuvenates the tissues.
- Maintains regularity, supports healthy digestion and promotes absorption.
Rich in antioxidants and helps fight free radicals and damaged cells.
- A natural plant protein complete with essential amino acids and fatty acids as well as iron and fiber.
- Vegan, gluten-free and kosher.
Hemp seeds contain more protein, omegas, and iron and fewer carbs than the same serving of chia or flax.
Mesquite Powder is a great source of vitamins and minerals, including calcium, fiber, protein, and amino acids.
- Tocos powder a rich source of fat-soluble natural vitamin E.
- Widely recognized as being exceptional for connective tissue and skin.
- Matcha is the most premium variety of shade-grown Japanese green tea leaves that are ground into a fine powder.
- One of the most concentrated sources of antioxidants in the world.
- Helps fend off free radicals that are responsible for accelerated aging, tissue damage, and inflammatory issues.
- Vegan and vegetarian protein.
- Builds and strengthens muscles.
- May aid in weight loss.
- Hemp Protein is a sustainable source of amino acids, fatty acids, protein, and edestin.
- Is high in Omega 3 fats and antioxidants.
- Suitable for vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
- Cassava flour is grain-free, gluten-free, nut-free and is suitable for paleo or vegan diets.
- Has the taste and texture of wheat flour.
Ginger is rich in nutrients and bioactive compounds.
Fat-free, sweet and moist and high in vitamin C
- Yacon powder is derived from the yacon root, a South American tuber that tastes like an apple.
- It is mildly sweet and can be used as a low-calorie sweetener.
- Yacon also helps the body increase its vitamin and mineral absorption of all other foods.
- Vanilla protein powder is nutrient-rich and versatile.
- Contains potent nutrient-dense superfoods, prebiotics, probiotics and digestive aiding enzymes for your post-workout smoothies.
- Packed with numerous essential ingredients including 15+ types of amino acids, anti-inflammatory compounds and iron.
- Free of soy, dairy, gluten and GMO’s and is also hypo-allergenic.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- Helps enhance memory and boost brain power.
- Reduces stress and helps in calmness.
- Improves eyesight, hair growth and skin and provides more benefits.
Here is the list of smoothie superfoods again so that you don’t forget what they are.
- Cacao Butter
- Pumpkin Seed
- Maca Powder
- Medjool Dates
- Sunflower Seed
- Ashwagandha Root Powder
- Acai Powder
- Brazil Nuts
- Goji Berries
- Amla Powder
- Sesame Seeds
- Carob Powder
- Coconut Milk Powder
- Wheat Grass Juice Powder
- Golden Flax Seeds
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Camu Camu Powder
- Barley Grass Powder
- Shredded Coconut
- Dried Apricots
- Turmeric Powder
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom Powder
- Raw Cashews
- Baobab Powder
- Raw Walnuts
- Spirulina Powder
- Chia Seeds
- Lucuma Powder
- Coconut Palm Sugar
- Golden Berries
- Noni Fruit Powder
- Moringa Leaf Powder
- Maqui Berry Powder
- Triphala Powder
- Mangosteen Fruit Powder
- White Quinoa
- Hemp Seed
- Mesquite Powder
- Tocos Powder
- Matcha Green Tea
- Pea Protein Powder
- Hemp Protein Powder
- Cassava Flour
- Ginger Root Powder
- Dried Mango
- Yacon Root Powder
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- Brown Rice Protein Powder
- Organic Dried Butterfly Pea Flowers
Smoothie superfoods really can transform your health in a very powerful way. It takes a little experimentation to find out what works the best for you.
Which of these superfoods is your favorite?
10 Smoothie Superfoods To Supercharge Your Energy Today Cheatsheet
Want to turn your smoothie into a powerhouse of nutrition?
Try adding one of these 10 superfoods and feel the benefit immediately
What do you get in this Cheatsheet?
- 10 smoothie superfoods to supercharge your energy.
- Why the ORAC scale is a game-changer when selecting superfoods.
- Discover a little known superfood that is much higher in vitamin C than any other food.
Related Resources You Will Love
Here are all the most popular resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- 16 Best Smoothie Storage Solutions: My Smoothie Station Ideas
- 16 Best Reusable Smoothie Straws To Save Your Teeth… And The Planet
- 5 Best Smoothie Recipe Books, Meal Plans & Detoxes For Fast Weight Loss
- 17 Fruit Fashion Items That Makes A Statement
- 200+ Smoothie Ingredients Shopping List Printable
- FREE Weight Loss Smoothie Recipe Card
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 10 Extraordinary Banana Nutrition Facts - September 1, 2020
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020