Easy Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Thickie
This is all my favourite flavours and textures in one drink. A juicy strawberry with the taste of melt in the mouth crumbly shortcake. Get all these great desserts flavours without the guilt in this smoothie.
After the success of the first dessert thickie in the series, the Healthy Apple Pie Smoothie, this Easy Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie will do a similar job of satisfying those sweet cravings for desserts.
This smoothie will really appeal to children, or anyone with a sweet tooth, especially those who love biscuits and desserts.
Suitable for Special Diets
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut free*
- 2 Cups Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 3 Cups Strawberries
- 1 Cup Oats (rolled oats or use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet or oatmeal if you don’t have a powerful blender)
- ¼ Cup Cashew nuts
- ¼ Cup of Raisins (or other dried fruit or sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes or frozen fruit to it (You may need to add more water as this will thicken it further).
Please rate this recipe and leave a comment. Help to spread the word about Green Thickies and share this recipe. Many thanks and blessings to you.
This post has been shared with these Fabulous blog hops.Green Thickies also co-hosts a blog hop, Healthy Vegan Fridays so join us on Friday to find fabulous health related articles and healthy recipes.. The best type of blender to make Green Thickies is a Vitamix and you will get beautifully smooth Green Thickies, but you can use whatever type of blender you have or can afford. This blender is reasonably priced and will easily make green thickies along with lots of other delicious food.
Comments always put a smile on my face, so please take a minute to say hello below. Many thanks.
If you have enjoyed this post please pin it to Pinterest, Tweet it or share it on facebook (below) so others can enjoy it. Many thanks.