There’s no escaping from love today…
And it doesn’t matter if you’re in a relationship or not.
When I was single I used to hate Valentine’s Day as I would feel lonely.
I remember how hard it felt on a day that’s marketed to couples.
So today I wanted to create something that shows my love for you.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
And also something special that is all about loving yourself.
Today, and every day from this day forward, I want you to show yourself love.
Loving yourself means caring about your health, and nourishing it with nutrient dense food.
Do you love yourself enough to take care of yourself?
That is the question I really want you to ask yourself today.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
It’s a tough question for a lot of people – because unfortunately the answer, a lot of the time is… no I don’t.
So I would like today to be a day of reflection for you.
Really dig deep today and ask yourself what is holding you back from great health.
There will definitely be a reason.
Write it down on a piece of paper, and when you identify the reason, write an affirmation to yourself that is the opposite of the reason why you don’t value your health.
An example affirmation that I used to say to myself is:
‘Even though I have had my fair share of struggles, I now choose to love myself, to become the best version of myself that I can be. I choose health, I choose life and I will take daily action and do whatever it takes to have good health and energy’.
Or here’s an even better one:
‘I have great health. Every day I feel full of energy. I make great food choices that nourish my body and help me stay at my ideal weight. I care deeply about myself and value every second of my life’.
Even if you don’t believe it right now – I want you to start saying it every day.
After a short while, you’ll notice yourself making different choices because you are literally creating a brand new person by telling yourself a new story every day.
Before long you’ll have the health and the body you never believed could be yours.
OK great – so now that we’ve discovered how to change our mindset so we can actually love ourselves.
What does someone who loves themselves eat?
I’ll tell you exactly what they eat…
A ‘Love Yourself Smoothie Bowl’.
I created this with love for you.
I love it and I’m pretty sure you will too.
Not only is it tasty, but it looks SO pretty.
Why should we make smoothie bowls?
The great thing about smoothie bowls is you get to sit down and indulge and eat a normal meal, instead of eating on the go the whole time.
But the food is just as nourishing, but you get an extra treat…
Some crunch and texture to chew.
And not only that, you will enjoy this smoothie bowl a lot more because they say most of the taste is in the presentation. We taste with our eyes!
So if you make your food look beautiful it will taste even better too.
Love Yourself Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Love Yourself Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of spinach (chard, kale or other mild leafy greens)
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup peaches
- ½ cup mango
- ½ cup pineapple (or 2 cups of your favourite fruit)
- ¼ cup cashew nuts (get yours here)
- ¼ cup dates (get yours here)
- 1 filler (or ½ cup of Green Thickies Homemade Smoothie Powder Mix)
- Optional extras: Fruit, nuts or seeds for layering on top of the smoothie. I used ¼ cup of freeze dried strawberry pieces. But you could use chopped up fruit or any ingredients you already have.
- Blend all of the ingredients until smooth
- To cool your smoothie bowl, replace 1 cup of water with ice or use frozen fruit or leafy greens (make sure your blender can handle frozen fruit). I like to use frozen fruit to save peeling and chopping. It makes it easier to use a wide range of ingredients in your smoothies.
In case you were wondering where I got my heart shaped smoothie bowl, I bought it from Amazon.co.uk. You can see it here.
If you are in the US – this is the closest heart shaped bowl I could find. Click here.
This smoothie bowl recipe is actually a ‘Green Thickie’ recipe which means it is a complete meal.
If you would like more Green Thickies recipes, please click here to get my 9 Gorgeous Green Smoothies recipes.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020