This incredibly useful smoothie ingredient list is the ultimate resource for helping you plan out the calories, protein, carbs, and fat in your smoothies. This will help you reach your health goals much more quickly and stay in control of your own diet.
I’m sharing all my secrets with you today.
I have this humongous list printed out and stuck to my fridge. Every time I create a new smoothie recipe I use this list to make sure I stick to my intended calories.
How To Use This Smoothie Ingredients List
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
How Many Calories Should A Smoothie Contain For Weight Loss
I prefer to keep my smoothie calories between 400-600 for a single meal for weight loss. This is a good calorie range to help an average sized woman lose weight quickly.
To lose weight, I suggest you have two smoothies per day for breakfast and lunch which are around 400 calories each and a healthy dinner which is around 600 calories.
If I’m extra hungry, if I just want to maintain my weight or if I’ve been very active, I will probably increase the calories to around 600 per smoothie.
How Many Calories Should A Smoothie Contain For Weight Gain
If you are trying to gain weight, do a lot of exercise and struggle to keep the weight on, or if you are a man trying to maintain your weight, I suggest you make a higher calorie smoothie of 700-1000 calories.
You can replace your breakfast and lunch with one of these higher calorie smoothies and eat a dinner which is between 600 and 1200 calories.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
You might need to add snacks in between meals to increase your calories even further.
How To Use This Smoothie Ingredient List
Just look up the ingredients you want to add to your smoothie in one of the ingredient section below.
Choose your preferred method of measurement. You can choose from the following:
- Measure the ingredients per piece (not as accurate but easier)
- Measure the ingredients with a measuring cup or spoon (easy and fairly accurate)
- Measure the ingredients by weighing them (most accurate but you need some [amazon_textlink asin=’B004164SRA’ text=’kitchen scales’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’greethic-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’533d36f7-54a2-4203-b2ac-ed1f6761b6c2′])
Once you have measured your item you can use the table to see the following information:
You might not need all of this information, but you will definitely be needing calories if you want to change your body shape or maintain the shape you currently have.
Before you start creating your recipe, look and see what you’ve got in your kitchen already and plan a recipe.
Use a piece of paper to write down the ingredients you want to add to a recipe and the calories contained in that ingredient.
Add up the calories to get the total. Now you know whether you need to add or take away any of the ingredients to hit your smoothie calorie target.
You can refer back to this list every time you plan out your new smoothie recipes.
This smoothie ingredients list contains all of the ingredients you will typically be adding to a smoothie including:
- Leafy Greens
- Liquid Base
- Nut Butter
- Seed Butter
- Legumes (these are a great source of protein and you can’t taste them in a smoothie)
- Dried Fruit
- Liquid Sweeteners
Which Items Should I Include In My Smoothie
I suggest you structure your smoothie so that you include ingredients that will fill you up and also meet all your nutritional needs.
These are the ingredients I suggest you include in every smoothie:
- Fruit for nutrients and sweet taste.
- Leafy Greens for nutrients such as calcium and magnesium without adding too many calories.
- Liquid Base to turn these ingredients into a blended drink.
- Protein such as nuts, seeds or legumes to fill you up and give you a great source of protein and essential healthy fats. Legumes are a better choice than nuts or seeds because they are much lower in fat and contain a lot more nutrients. They make the smoothie creamy. You can’t taste them at all, believe me.
- Grains such as oats help to fill you up and provide extra calories and protein.
- Sweeteners are a good option if you have a sweet tooth.
- Extras to provide extra taste and nutrition if you need it.
Use The Recommended Serving Sizes
I have tried to make the serving sizes realistic for the amount you would normally put in a smoothie.
For example, there’s no point in me giving you a serving size of 1 cup of almond butter as nobody would put that much almond butter in a smoothie because it would be way too many calories, fat and your smoothie would be too thick to drink.
So instead I provide the calories per tablespoon of nut butter as this is a more realistic quantity.
I have tried to make this list as helpful as possible as I really want you to succeed by reaching your target weight and building your ideal body. I want you to achieve your goals whether they are weight loss, weight gain or weight maintenance, building muscle or simply getting the right amount of nutrition in your everyday diet.
To achieve success with these goals, it is essential to count your calories to make sure you are eating under, over or exactly the right amount of calories per day.
If you want to know how many calories your own body needs to achieve your goals, use my calorie calculator by clicking here.
And if this all seems like too much hard work to you, the easier option is to let someone else do the calorie counting for you. A great place to start if you want to drop up to one dress size by this time next week, is with my 7 day smoothie detox.
Click the link below to get started with that now.
Smoothie Ingredients List
Immune Boosting Lime & Ginger Green Thickie Recipe
Here is a smoothie recipe that you can try out. This recipe has all the components mentioned above that a nutritious smoothie needs to have.
I really hope this has helped you plan out the calories, protein, carbs and fat in your smoothies. This will help you reach your health goals much more quickly and stay in control of your own diet.
If you have any suggestions or upgrades you would like to see to this post, please leave a comment under this post.
I would appreciate it if you could share this post as I really do want this resource to help as many people as possible.
Related Resources You Will Love
Here are all the most popular resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- FREE Weight Loss Green Smoothie Recipe Card
Click here to pin this for later
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 10 Extraordinary Banana Nutrition Facts - September 1, 2020
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020