So you love green smoothies, you’ve noticed that you feel better when you drink them and hopefully they’ve even been helping you manage your weight. Congratulations on making green smoothies a regular part of your daily diet. Now here’s 25 green smoothie hacks to help you speed up, save money, get healthier and enjoy the process a little bit more!
- Freeze your greens to make them last longer
- Freeze all of your smoothie ingredients so you always have ingredients on hand.
- Make big batches of green smoothie and freeze the whole smoothie in individual servings. Just defrost the smoothie the previous night in the fridge and give it a quick blend if necessary.
- Use frozen fruit instead of ice to cool your smoothie down. It won’t add any extra liquid to your smoothie.
- Keep a stock of green powder on hand for when you run out of fresh greens.
- Soak your hard ingredients overnight which makes them easier to blend and easier to digest.
- Grind nuts, seeds and grains in a coffee grinder or blender before adding them to your smoothie. It makes them easier to blend.
- You can also use a coffee grinder to make your own vanilla powder from vanilla beans. This is healthier than buying vanilla extract and tastes amazing in pretty much all smoothies.
- Add beetroot to your green smoothie to turn it pink. This makes it more appealing to children (and adults).
- Use tea instead of water as the base for your green smoothie. This doesn’t add any extra calories but it does add more taste and additional health benefits. I use green tea as the base for my weight loss smoothie for an extra metabolic boost.
- Turn your smoothie into a complete meal by adding a healthy filler. This saves you time making another meal. It also helps you to lose weight. See all 20 fillers here.
- To avoid fruit, make your whole smoothie out of veg instead. Use a whole cucumber as a base from your smoothie (it creates the liquid) and add your desired veg.
- Thicken your smoothie by adding more bulking ingredients such as banana, avocado, chia seeds and flax seeds.
- Use nut butter or seed butter instead of whole nuts or seeds to make the smoothie easier to blend and add a nicer taste.
- Blanch greens by dipping them in boiling water before adding them to your smoothie if you can’t tolerate raw greens.
- Liven up a boring smoothie by adding mint, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg or cloves.
- Did you know that you can also add therapeutic essential oils to your smoothies for extra health benefits?
- Up the protein content of your smoothie with either a protein powder, seeds, coconut, eggs, nuts or nut butter.
- Add ice last to cool down your smoothie so the blender doesn’t heat the ice up while blending.
- To avoid tasting the greens in your green smoothie, make sure your smoothie consists of 60% fruit and 40% or less of greens
- Make your smoothie the night before. Put it in a smoothie cup so in the morning you can just grab it and go to work.
- If you are missing a sit down meal with something to chew, add your smoothie from a bowl with a spoon, and add a smoothie topper to the top for some crunch.
- Rinse your blender out immediately to save you time having to scrub it later. You can add some water and some cleaner and put it back on to blend for a few seconds for a quick clean.
- Sneak more veggies into your smoothie. You won’t taste them. Kids won’t eat carrots? Throw one into the smoothie!
- Pour your green smoothie into a popsicle mold to make a green smoothie ice lolly.
What is your favourite green smoothie hack?
I know you may not have time to digest all this right now, so I wanted to give you a handy print out of this blog post so you can stick it on your fridge to help you on your journey to optimal health.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020