28 Smoothies Without Bananas
One of the most common emails I get is to tell me I have too many smoothies made with bananas. Bananas are a great smoothie ingredients as they are cheap, sweet and make a smoothie thick and creamy. However, if you are making a ‘thickie’ you don’t need to use bananas in any of your smoothies as the oats or other carbs used will make the smoothie thick and creamy enough. Sometimes a thickie can actually get too thick if you put in too many bananas.
There are many reasons why people don’t want to use bananas in their smoothies, a lot of people are allergic to them, some just don’t like the taste of them, and if you haven’t already frozen a supply of bananas in your freezer then it’s hard to time ripening bananas at exactly the right time to be ready for your smoothie. In my house there is never enough ripe bananas even though I feel like I buy loads of them!
If you do find a smoothie that you want to try but it has bananas in it, a great alternative to bananas in smoothies is mango. It’s just as sweet and creamy and I actually much prefer the taste of it to bananas.
So I thought I would provide you with a list of all the smoothies I have created without bananas if you don’t have any ripe bananas on hand or don’t use them at all.
Here is a list of all the current smoothies that have no bananas in them. Most of these are ‘thickies’ or ‘green thickies’ which are filling complete meal smoothies containing enough protein to stop those cravings and hunger pangs in their tracks.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Chocolate Covered Marzipan Smoothie
- Persimmon Smoothie Dessert: Persimmon Pie in a glass
- Mince Pie Smoothie Christmas Drink
- Homemade Orange Julius Recipe (Vegan, Sugar free)
- Cold and Flu Busting Coconut and Orange Smoothie
- Rippled Raspberry Smoothie
- Almond and Pear Smoothie
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- Merry Cherry Smoothie
- Creamy Mango Shake
- Fresh Fig Smoothie with Ginger
- Peach Avocado Drink
- Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie
- Morning Mango Smoothie
- Lime and Ginger Drink
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Easy Black forest Cake Smoothie
- Fresh Summer Strawberry and Spinach Salad Smoothie
- Apricot Mango Spinach Smoothie
- How to make a Watermelon Smoothie with a summer Salad recipe
- Dad’s Big Super Sweet and Sour Drink
- Strawberry, Orange and Dandelion Smoothie
- Peach and Orange Juice Smoothie
- Peach Yogurt Smoothie recipe
- Pom’s Kiwi and Pomegranate Smoothie
- Wet Summer Watermelon Smoothie
- Crazy Coconut Pineapple and Spinach Smoothie
- Sweet Punch Romaine Lettuce Smoothie
Are you a fan of bananas in your smoothies?
I know you may not have time to digest all this right now, so I wanted to give you a handy print out of this blog post so you can stick it on your fridge to help you on your journey to optimal health.
And if you have some weight you’d like to lose, why not try my free weight loss smoothie recipe. It contains 8 ingredients specifically selected for their fat burning properties, and you will be pleased to hear that this recipe does not contain banana either.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020